Options
2»

Comments

• Lisa_BCNA
    Lisa_BCNA Staff Posts: 140
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi all,

The Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre in the U.S. also provides an information resource about herbs, botanicals, supplements and other products, which may be useful.

Here is the link to their resource: http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/about-herbs-botanicals-other-products 

Cheers,
    Lisa

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This is great,thanks! Robyn
  • VivW
    VivW Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Robyn, here is the answer that I got for my question about the arimidex & chia seeds with er+ pr+ breast cancer.

Cheers

Viv

iheard was created to dispel myths and fanciful claims in relation to cancer. For questions directly relating to cancer, cancer prevention, treatment or support, we recommend you consult a health professional. You may also like to call the Cancer Council Helpline on 13 11 20 as they may be able to provide you with the information you are after.

• VivW
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Lisa for this site,

I was on Tamoxifen and last visit to Onco we changed to Arimidex.  Joint and bone pain made me feel like an 90 year old.  Chia seed kept on coming up on different sites, so I tried it, just 1tbs a day, after 3 days I felt so much better, even my mood was better.  Panic    is this making the Arimidex not work??  The big problem is that we see our Onco, given new meds, see you in 3 months time, phone call make that 4 months time, she is going on holidays.  

I am sure a lot of ladies feel like this, where do we get the backup support?? For me it's google, soz but this sort of imformation is really hard to source from anywhere.

Have stopped with the chia until I see my Oncologist.

Thanks

Viv

• Enaj
    Enaj Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Bec,we all cope as best we can. Good nutrition, exercise & a somewhat unusual sense of humour have a helped me get through this.
    I'd love to have a home vege garden but a brown thumb and 2 much loved dogs make that a bit of a challenge!! I do have a nice pot of basil and parsley growing and a rosemary bush.
    Your cat looks very sweet :-)I've done a bit of reading about pet food as well, I don't feed any commercial stuff just raw meaty bones, eggs, sardines and healthy leftovers.
    Hope you've had a good day....
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well a fat lot of use that was!Sorry for giving you some hope that you would get an answer.I am seeing my onc in 3 weeks,and I have just made a note in my diary to ask her.I will let you know what she says,if you don't have an answer by then.Cheers Robyn
  • VivW
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am also seeing my onco in three weeks, we can both ask and see if we get the same result. :)  I stopped taking the chia seeds yesterday (just in case) and literally overnight my body has turned back into a 90 year old after they have been rock climbing, and fell off. not so lol.

Viv