Hello

Options
LS
LS Member Posts: 3
edited January 2011 in Social Groups

Hi Sisters in Christ,

The Lord must have put you in my path today as I stumbled onto this site. I tried to share my story with you but it was kind of "wiped out" when I posted it incorrectly. I will attempt to write again another day. Meanwhile, God blessings to you all. LS

Comments

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

hope thing are going good for you, please let us know your story, and i am sure others will be able to relate to it, distance is no object on here, and we are all here for each other, Regards Moira

• LS
    LS Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

The days are hectic at the moment as I have two young teens on school holidays. I'm nearly half a century and perhaps a touch too "elderly" to be having youngish school kids! We've just returned from WA after the new year. I'm in the Sutherland Shire in Sydney and should any of you live around this area, I'd love to catch up, . Well here's my story in brief. I was diagnosed with DCIS in 2008 after having started home dialysis for a month or so. It was picked up after I had a mammogram which was supposedly a routine procedure that was required for me to get on to the kidney transplant list. It was my first mammogram so it was traumatic for me as I was still having problems with the dialysis program. Ironically still, I'm a slight build and not exactly well endowed you might say, so it was completely unexpected. In short, it was decided I undertake a mastectomy to reduce the risk if I was to have a transplant down the track. Post transplant drugs increase risk of cancers. I had a mastectomy in 2009 and decided it was too much for me to have a reconstruction and besides I'm not that "breasty".  I now have a huge scar but I don't look in the mirror too often. As it was in God's timing, I was blessed with a donor kidney and had a transplant in 2010. It has been 8 months since my transplant and I feel quite normal (actually, I feel great) except for lots of scars! I'm due for breast tests again soon so I'm mindful of what had been. It's always difficult to travel on our journeys but it's great to know we can all share and support. Blessings to you all, LS

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

well you really have been through the mill, and looks like you are comming out the other end which is good to hear. just remember it doesnt matter how old we are, we all need time out for ourselves, and yes we are all making the same journey, and that leads us down different paths, the good thing about bcna and its support and information, allows us to be anywhere in the world, and still be able to meet people, whether is be in person or for a chat on here, so please keep comming back, i am sure by helping yourself you will be able to help others. Regards Moira

• memyselfI
    memyselfI Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2015
    Options

Does anyone else out there have a diagnosis of mucinous breast cancer? I haven't seen much about this rarer type of breast cancer on our Australian website. There seems to be more on the American websites. Blessings from memyselfI

• Vickie White
    Vickie White Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2015
    Options

LS You have had a double whammy.  All the best.  XX V