Crop top

Options
Robyn W
Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
edited February 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Well ladies,

I found a great little crop top today, which is cheap as chips and very handy!

Its not the top of the range, but it's great. I found it in "Best n Less" and the brand is ed-it-ed. It has removable cups, so for me, being small breasted, I just took out one cup,and left the cup in on my mastectomy side. It looks perfect,and because it's a crop top there are no hooks or bits of anything; just pull it on over your head!

And the other great thing is, it costs $12.00. Comes in black,white and flesh coloured. I bought 3 :).

I have the 'special' bra that I got when I got my prosthesis, but this is so comfy! Feeling quite pleased with myself!

If I was young and looked like a model I would post a picture;)

Hope you are all going along ok.
Cheers
xoxo Robyn

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

It sounds good.Do you know what sizes it comes in? Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

• Elizebeth
    Elizebeth Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sounds good Robyn I have been looking for a top like this so I don't feel so lopsided when hanging out at home but not wanting to wear a bra so I am going to have a little drive to Best and Less and check them out

Thanks for sharing

Elizebeth
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have been too.My daughter bought me 2 Nike crop tops,which are really comfy also.The difference with these is,that they have a removable padded cup,so there is a pocket ,and if you have a prosthesis,you can pop it in the pocket if you want to.:)Hope you are doing well.Cheers Robyn xox
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am going to look for the crop tops too - thank you for the tip. They sound ideal for the gym and more comfortable than a bra.

Your exercise posts are also very informative - especially since you saw the physiologist.  Did he suggest what size handweights to start off with?  I walk in the mornings, do 1/2 hour on the treadmill (6) in the afternoons, but can feel the muscletone has slipped away a lot.  Weights could help, I think.

Congratulations on reaching your 3 month check-up!  I am now 2 years since diagnosis, and feeling very healthy - there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel.

All the best.   Michelle xx

• Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have had my second session with the exercise physiologist.i just love it! This session was about strengthening the core and also the chest muscles,where we have had surgery.one great exercise that I love for this,is planking! You probably know it,but it's the one where you rest on your forearms and your toes,and keep your body really straight.Kind of like a push up,but you don't move.I had to start with 30 seconds,which I could only just manage.But now I am up to 1 minute and 5 seconds.Its a fun one to do with other people in the family.(try and do longer than the other person) I do it twice,and repeat it 3 times.Make sure to rest in between,for the same amount of time as you do the exercise.He also gave me an exercise where you lay on your back and lift both legs.Keeping both legs JUST off the ground,you do a pedalling motion.Great for muscles in the torso,and legs.Aim for 30 to 40 seconds,repeating 3 times,with a break in between.Not easy!!!I am not walking with hand weights any more,as he told me they really don't do a whole lot.I am riding in the morning,and walking in the evening.I have been skipping during the day,as he said that this is a really great exercise for bone density.There is so much that we can do isn't there,but I think for ladies with small children,or ladies that work ,it must be hard sometimes,to rearrange things so as they have time for themselves.Especially when treatment is over.Keep up the good work.I am trying to also.! Cheers Robynxox

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Robyn - definitely going to try both these - thanks for the follow-up.

The tank tops are great and so cool.  Must admit I spent a few calories getting the back straightened out - sure it will get easier as I get more used to them!  My husband thinks they are worth the money in entertainment value.

You are right, there is a lot we can do, and we are so fortunate to have the time.  I think the fact you are sharing your knowledge so generously is great for those pink sisters who have heavy schedules, and I am sure they appreciate it.

Cheers, stay in touch,  Michelle xx