New Diagnosis

Options
2»

Comments

• TinaW
    TinaW Member Posts: 153
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi there I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer a couple of weeks ago. I'm 41 with 2 kids, well a 17 yr old and 19 yr old so not sure they are kids anymore :) I am having a double mastectomy and reconstruction with expanders on the 22 nd November with sentinel node biopsy. I would be really grateful if anyone can offer any advice on what to expect and if there is anything I can do for a speedy recovery xxx
  • TinaW
    TinaW Member Posts: 153
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi there I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer a couple of weeks ago. I'm 41 with 2 kids, well a 17 yr old and 19 yr old so not sure they are kids anymore :) I am having a double mastectomy and reconstruction with expanders on the 22 nd November with sentinel node biopsy. I would be really grateful if anyone can offer any advice on what to expect and if there is anything I can do for a speedy recovery xxx
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    There is a great group here on BCNA called Breast Reconstruction of which many ladies are members myself being one of them. We've shared our stories of reconstruction both immediate and delayed, different procedures, photos and experiences. The group link is http://www.bcna.org.au/group/61026.

Tina, I have found the support and information given invaluable and I know you will too. Once you've joined, if you click on photos under 'filter by tag' on the right hand side of the blogs, you can read the stories and see photos by Kel Jackson, Emma May, Goldie to Rachel and Chris to name a few. There are other tags too that you will find interesting.

Good luck on the 22nd Tina. We will all be thinking of you.

Love Janey xxx
  • mandycoop
    mandycoop Member Posts: 87
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Robyn

Can I ask why you had a Mastectomy and Chemo as opposed to a lumpectomy?

Mandy