Options
2»

Comments

• ingrid.west
    ingrid.west Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

Anyone else out there finding Arimidex side effects just too hard to handle??? Firstly the acne, then the aches and pains and now my fingernails falling off, I really wonder what the positives are with this drug. I'm thinking a natural alternative is the way to go for me. I would love to hear from other sufferers :)

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Ingrid, I am not on Arimidex, but am on Femara which is a similar type of drug. I had awful side effects to start with, but I am pleased to say that things do settle down with time. I have been on Femara now for over 2 years, and all the aches and pains have gone. My fingers can be a bit stiff, but the weakness and trigger fingers have all but healed. I still take 2 fish oil caps a day, plus vitamin D and keep my calcium intake up. At one stage I took very large doses of fish oil, but my side effects are now well controlled with the normal daily dose. The tendons in my wrists were inflamed for 10 months, but even that has gone now. My skin is drier than it use to be, but at 55 I have gone through menopause, which also causes dry skin and similar symptoms to Arimidex and Femara. Good luck with the drug. Love Chris xx
  • Casjsa
    Casjsa Member Posts: 181
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kaye,  my oncology appointment has been moved up to tomorrow.  I can't wait to get to it.  I want to know what and for how long and that's all that matters to me.  Hair is overrated, I'm positive I can rock the scarf, wig, hat :)

I have to go to work in the morning until an hour before my appointment so I won't have time to be thinking about it thankfully.

Yes, there are several of us who are within a week or two of each other in diagnosis, surgery and treatment.  I'm still finding out what is where, who does what and things that I should know.  Yesterday I found out that Berlei offer free post surgery bras (one per person) and I applied for one.  Cancer Council loan wigs and hats and scarves.  I'm an inch away from being overwhelmed by the kindness including these lovely people here.

Cas xxx

Cas

• Casjsa
    Casjsa Member Posts: 181
    edited March 2015
    Options

It seems that there are a few advantages of being triple negative.  Not a lot mind you but these drugs sound horrible.  Chris, I flinched reading the side effects that you have had to endure.  I'm only 2 years younger than you and not postmenopausal.  I hope you are feeling a lot better now.

Cas