A blue day.

Options

Comments

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm glad that I can let you know that we are all fragile at times so it's all right to be down. My husband just said the same thing to me. I will bounce back very soon. I'm not going to let this get me down for too long. I'd rather smile than cry. Too many face muscle to cry. LOL
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm glad that I can let you know that we are all fragile at times so it's all right to be down. My husband just said the same thing to me. I will bounce back very soon. I'm not going to let this get me down for too long. I'd rather smile than cry. Too many face muscles are used to cry. LOL
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Too many fingers used to push this reply, hey!
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just wallow in it for how ever many days you need! It's not just the last 8 weeks you are trying to get over-it's the whole year.You've been bombarded girl!! You would have lost alot of blood during that huge operation you had so that would make you tired-takes awhile for your iron levels to come back up.Now you have Femara to deal with and that drug is hard on your joints -so everyone tells me.You are also still dealing with chemo aftermath and what it does to your hair and nails,not to mention self esteem.Now you have to thin your blood and jab yourself. That's a hell of alot to be coping with.I reckon I'd be curled up in the foetal position by now if it was me.What the heck,break open that Italian bottle now! You are only human and can only take so much - so best to cry so you don't crack.Don't be ashamed to vent or whinge here cos we've all had a turn and it helps to be listened to and validated.Looks like your dark tunnel is abit longer than you thought but we get used to the goal posts being moved on us don't we.It's the nature of the bc beast! sending hugs,Tonya xx 

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh Tonya. You make me laugh. That's the best medicine isn't it. I must remember to keep my sense of humour. I will endure.
    Love ya Janey xxx
  • Josie13
    Josie13 Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's quite normal to have these feelings. It's called the roller coaster. Just look at that lovely photo of you and your hubby and take heart.
  • JodieWall
    JodieWall Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh Janey. You are also one of the wonderful ladies who helped me when I first joined. You encouraged me, you inspired me and helped me get through those terrible first weeks. Now it's my turn to give you a massive (gentle) hug and be there for you as best I can.

You are a very loved lady and we will be here to help you get out of that tunnel.

Jodie xxxx
  • Stemgirl
    Stemgirl Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015
    Options

As far as I'm concerned 2013 officially sucks. You are a beautiful, strong person who has helped so many of us with your kindness and positive nature. You have been through so much, with your body recovering from Major surgery and chemo, and now on the various medications....be kind and gentle to yourself.

I still have my major surgery to go through in 3 weeks, but I've been going through the various treatments since early April. I think the closer I come to fnishing it all, the worse my mental state of fatigue, grief and trauma. While we're in the depths of going through it, I think we tend to stay focussed and positive and put up the brave demeanor, but this starts to wear thin as the cumulative effects of everything before, takes its toll. Cry away and let your body grieve what's happened. Until we go through the motions of grief we can't start to heal mentally. A big hug to you, Janey. xx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks I am hanging in there. Hugs back to you too.

I actually had two different lumps, one was ER & HER2 + so had to go on Femara for that one and the other was TNBC.

Janey xxx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thought I had read your posts in triple neg group. You really have had it all thrown your way. You are one amazing lady.
    Hugs.
    Paula. :)
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are a sweetie.

Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think you are right. We do concentrate on getting through all the crap and thinking positive to keep our spirits up. But sometimes it's too much and we can't do it all the time. I am feeling better today though. Picking myself up from the bottom.
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No more amazing than all of us. We do what we have to do don't we.
    Janey x
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hoping today better for you.
    Paula :)
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just wanted to let you all know that your lovely comments have floated me to the top of the pit again and I feel pretty good. I spent today with my wonderful husband and the sun was shining and warm on this Melbourne Cup Day. We pottered in the garden (well he did, I just looked on mostly) and then we relaxed on our verandah. About the only time we went inside was to watch the cup. My horse in the office sweep was running in the top three for most of the race but sadly fell behind in the last moments. Exciting to watch anyway. Then my children came home from work (both had to work on cup day poor things) and we had a barbecue, yum! We are all still sitting on the verandah watching the light slowly fade away as the sun goes down just talking and laughing and being together. I am happy to be alive today. It's the simple things I love and I am focusing on them. Oh my husband just told me that the alarm has just gone off. Time for my needle! Oh well.
    Hope all of you had a great day today.
    Love Janey xxx