Smelling the Roses

Options
Janey235
Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
edited October 2013 in General discussion

Hello my lovely Pink Sisters,

I feel like I've been whinging a bit lately so I've decided to cheer myself up and smell the roses.

Life is good today.

I'm feeling not so sore and things are improving as far as my surgery wounds are concerned. I went to Peter MacCallum Hospital and had my 8th Herceptin treatment and there's really no problems with that. Then out to lunch with my darling husband in a lovely cafe which reminded us of our trip to Europe last year.

Pigged out with a 'Big English Breakfast' (for lunch no less). It's spurred us on to plan another trip in the not too distant future.

Home again to sit on our verandah in the sun looking at the ranges in the distance and green rolling hills of home. 

I even picked the first blooms of roses in my garden (with Ian's help of course).

It was so good to get out in my garden again.

Here's a pic of my first blooms.

I hope I can share a little blooming health with you all.

Love Janey
xxx

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What a great upbeat post!,
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What a great upbeat post!,
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Enjoyed reading your post. Love your roses.
    Keep smiling.
    Paula :)
  • Carol
    Carol Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lovely to hear you are smelling the roses and photographing for us too! Chin up you are on the home run now!
    Your pink sister,

Carol
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's nice to know I can cheer you all up a bit. I go past this bunch of roses and they smell beautiful. They'll remind me everyday to be cheerful. xxx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's nice to know I can cheer you all up a bit. I go past this bunch of roses and they smell beautiful. They'll remind me everyday to be cheerful. xxx

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks precious.  They are beautiful and I am sure they smell heavenly and will look even better still once fully open.

I actually stopped and smelt an absoltely beautiful great big dark red rose this morning on my early morning walk with Miss Bundy.  I went back for seconds and thirds and really had trouble walking away.  It was heavenly.

I am going to make sure I walk past that way every day and smell at least one of their beautiful roses.

Luv'd your beautiful story, thank you.

Mich xoxoxoxoxo

• Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I did the same this morning Mich.lol
  • Kel Jackson
    Kel Jackson Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Janey, 

I have been reading your blog since I joined in early September. I did make a few reply to you but I realised I wasnt saving my posts. Bummer! I did write some lovely things. I have my surgery in 5 days. FREAKING!!! I love reading these blogs. It gives me so much reassurance and support. Not to mention the tears followed by smiles!! 

Take care lovely lady!!!

Kel xx

• Kel Jackson
    Kel Jackson Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Janey, 

I have been reading your blog since I joined in early September. I did make a few reply to you but I realised I wasnt saving my posts. Bummer! I did write some lovely things. I have my surgery in 5 days. FREAKING!!! I love reading these blogs. It gives me so much reassurance and support. Not to mention the tears followed by smiles!! 

Take care lovely lady!!!

Kel xx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Life is too precious to not stop and smell the roses isn't it. I know that our journeys are hard and demoralising and terrifying at times but it's so wonderful to sit here now and take deep breaths and drink in life around us in springtime. Don't worry Kel, I think your thoughts have been getting through anyway and mingling with the good vibes from all our Pink Sisters. The air is thick with our thoughts. We can do all sorts of things with this much positive energy.
    Love and happiness to you all.
    Janey xxx
  • Carolynvj
    Carolynvj Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Janey,
    You are one of the most generous & giving people I have "never" met.
    You are such a positive person & say the most appropriate things at the right time.
    Thank you for always making me feel better.
    Carolyn xx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you for saying that. Even my husband had a bit of a cry when he read your comment. This website has literally saved my sanity this year so it's me that is saying a huge thank you to all of you.
    From my heart x
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It is a great idea to stop and notice the good things around us.

Reading your post also prompted me to reflect on how far I have progressed through treatment. I can remember thinking or saying it will be sooo good when I can sleep on my side, not have to rinse my mouth after everything I eat, not have anymore Chemo cannulas etc. I needed to realize how these things have now happened and life is improving all the time!

Thanks for helping me to think positively and take time to be grateful for all those little things!
    :) Deanne xx
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It is a great idea to stop and notice the good things around us.

Reading your post also prompted me to reflect on how far I have progressed through treatment. I can remember thinking or saying it will be sooo good when I can sleep on my side, not have to rinse my mouth after everything I eat, not have anymore Chemo cannulas etc. I needed to realize how these things have now happened and life is improving all the time!

Thanks for helping me to think positively and take time to be grateful for all those little things!
    :) Deanne xx