Pink Ribbon Ride

Options
2»

Comments

• LouiseTurner
    LouiseTurner Member Posts: 1,610
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the tip Michelle, I caught it online.

Sam you speak so beautifully, and look hot in your shiny pants!

Have a great ride for the cause xxxxlouie
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

Louie, just read in a post from Janey that you are in hospital.  Is it a touch-up after your re-construction? - hope it is not something serious.  I am out of touch with how you are doing as I am not in the re-con group. Hope all is well.  Michelle xxx

• LouiseTurner
    LouiseTurner Member Posts: 1,610
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Michelle, yep I came home this morning after recon revision. I am very happy with how it all went and look forward to unwrapping next Friday. I am very tightly strapped in this time.

I have been concentrating on the recon blog. It is turning out to be a resource many women are interested in. It is so inspiring to have so many likeminded women sharing their private and emotional stories. And photos have an immeasurable impact on those of us seeking information, being able to communicate with women who we can see is reassuring for the steps we are about to take.

I will put a censored update on the public blog too soon to catch up with old friends like you who were always there for me.

Xxxlouie
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just watched it thanks to the link you look and sound AMAZING. good luck with the ride. Have fun. Also good to know your treatment going well. Hope your appointment good next week.
    Paula :)
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks - would love to keep up with your news.  So glad hospital was for a good cause!  Happy unwrapping on Friday!  Michelle xxx

• Mariet
    Mariet Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam, Just watched the clip, have always loved the burble of the Harley.  I was also interested to see that you wrote that Taxol is sooooo much better than AC.  Well I am looking forward to that because I start my 12 weekly Taxols on Monday after the 4 rounds of yukky AC. All the best to you.   Marie

• Cherylek
    Cherylek Member Posts: 197
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just saw it online, fantastic way to promote awareness and have fun too! Cheryle :)
  • SamzRusty
    SamzRusty Member Posts: 325
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Marie,

Yep, I've had 4 of my 12 doses of taxol now & I'm feeling like the old me again! No mouth ulcers (which I suffered terribly with) no nausea, no horrid smelling skin, I can taste my food & I can get out of bed the next morning! The only side effect I seem to have is a sore neck, but it's not panadol worthy. I still have the neuropathy, but again, only in 6 fingers.

The weekly sessions seem to come around VERY quickly, but that's ok if you have a good nurse putting the cannula in ;)

Hope it treats you as well as it is me....let me know!

Sam xoxoxox

• Carol
    Carol Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options

wonderful to see it online here and to see Cynthia also.

So glad many of you don't suffer as much on Taxol as I did losing all feeling in both feet and hands YUK lucky full sensation came back shortly after my 4 treatments were over so I could drive by the time my radiotherapy was complete.

Once again glad to see the pink riders online

Your pink sister who would never get on a bike again

Carol

• Carol
    Carol Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options

wonderful to see it online here and to see Cynthia also.

So glad many of you don't suffer as much on Taxol as I did losing all feeling in both feet and hands YUK lucky full sensation came back shortly after my 4 treatments were over so I could drive by the time my radiotherapy was complete.

Once again glad to see the pink riders online

Your pink sister who would never get on a bike again

Carol

• Mariet
    Mariet Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam,

Finished my first taxol with no probs. In fact I did not have that heavy sick underlying feeling.

Hope it continues. 

Only eleven to go!!!!!!!!!

Marie xxx000