Travel Insurance

Options
Michelle_R
Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
edited September 2013 in General discussion

I know there is very good Factsheet about this onsite, but this information could be of interest if anyone is travelling after treatment for Early Breast Cancer.

After getting letters from my GP and Oncologist, it turned out I didn't need them after all.  In their Product Disclosure Statement, Covermore lists conditions they automatically cover for free. For several cancers, including breast:  if you were diagnosed over 6 months ago, have not had any chemo or radio in the past 6 months, if your cancer has not spread beyond the primary site at any time - and if your journey is for less than 6 months duration - you automatically get their full cover.  I rang to check.  True.  They emailed me a policy on the spot.  No letters needed.  No excess to pay.

I know some of our pink sisters have had problems, so thought posting this might help anyone travelling in the future.

Love to everyone, Michelle xx

Comments

• Stemgirl
    Stemgirl Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks very much for this! I've just booked a family trip to Europe for July next year and have been wondering about travel insurance. Great timing.

Ngaire

• Mariet
    Mariet Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015
    Options

Always greatful to know. Will arrange my schedule to suit. Don't know where I am going yet but will be off somewhere.

Hope all goes well for you on your adventure.

Marie

• Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the information, do you know if that includes positive lymph nodes or would that preclude you?

thanks.

Julia

• Julia44
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the information, do you know if that includes positive lymph nodes or would that preclude you?

thanks.

Julia

• Julia44
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Michelle,

thanks.

Julia

• Mariet
    Mariet Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julia,

I think you may have clicked on the wrong person.

Marie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I will remember that.  I found out some info on life insurance yesterday so I will do a new post on that.  XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

I will remember that.  I found out some info on life insurance yesterday so I will do a new post on that.  XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options