Options
2»

Comments

• Anabel
    Anabel Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Emma

Thank you for your message, you sound so upbeat and happy.

That's just how I want to be. I don't want people feeling sad around me and have found if I stay happy everyone else is as well. I've already noticed they forget I have BC and just get on with the conversation. I love that!!

The wig shopping went well and we had a few laughs and my sister took photo's that I was able to send to my sons who do not live close. I also had my hair cut shorter than it has ever been and to be honest I don't mind the look at all. 

I'll let you know how things go this week, chemo number 1 on Tuesday and only 5 more to go. :-)

Keep smiling.......Anabel xx

• Di F
    Di F Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi Anabel

Your first chemo was today, I hope you are feeling okay - the first time is the scariest I think - it's hard to accept all these drugs going into your body. Just wondering how you went with wigs. My hair started falling out after 2 weeks, but I managed to keep it until 3 weeks - the head becomes very tender to touch when this starts happening. My hubby shaved my head at 3 weeks and I was glad that I had a wig. I wear it out in public, but at home I'm happy to wear scarves/hats. I have had a lot of comments that my hair doesn't look like a wig and so it gives me confidence when I go out that the average stranger won't know I'm having chemo etc. It is nice not to draw attention from everybody. I know that everyone feels differently but just thought I'd share my thoughts with you. Di