Going Solo

Options
13»

Comments

• Jillianb
    Jillianb Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015
    Options

So glad to hear that you are home safe and sound and made it through the ordeal. Your experience and the support offered has really restored some faith in humanity for me. There really are some beautiful caring people still left in this world.

Let us all know how you get on at the docs next week. Can't wait to hear what the new boobies look like. I don't get my new boobies until about October. Can't wait.

All the best for the coming weeks of recovery and your entrance back into a more normal life again.

Cheers,

Jillian

• gina racc
    gina racc Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Options

Have just received the news this week that I now am a member of this clan :) It's been a roller coaster of a week as I've not been able to tell my husband who is away helping his family with the shearing. So tomorrow my best buddy and I are doing the 10 hour drive (Thelma & Louise trip) to tell him the news.

I had my first visit with Sandra my clinical nurse and have come home on a high! The first all week!

this is the first blog i've read and can feel the support that is going to be so much help.

The start of my Boobalious journey!

Gina

• fungooleyruley
    fungooleyruley Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's been a while since I last made any comment regarding your journey Tan and I hope it's all going well for you?!

I finally completed my radiation treatment a week after Easter and for now I am just on hormone treatment. Experiencing some intermittent swelling and tenderness but doing my best to get on with life even undertaking the Mother's Day Classic Walk.

Regarding the solo side of the travelling you have done I have pretty much gone alone to my surgeries, radiotherapy and associated appointments. Sadly, I have a mother and sister who have "run a mile" since my diagnosis, apparently this can happen. I do have a wonderful husband and two adult sons who still live at home who have been pretty good, for guys, about it all. I have never really minded going alone with it as long as I know that there are some people out there who will be there for me if I do end up needing them and that they understand that I might have a melt-down every now and again.
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey GinaHow are you going?  I have only just seen your post that you sent to Tania.  I am not sure where I was when you posted that I missed you. I was probably off dealing with my own stuff at that time.How did your hubby take it telling him after your Thelma and Louise Trip.  Hope that all went well.Have you had surgery or treatment yet?  How is that all going.Where are you living Gina.  Which hospital etc. will you be attending?Really just wanted to touch base with you and say hello cause you snuck in here unawares and I just wanted to say hi and welcome.Have your recieved your BCNA journey kit etc. if not you can order it online at bottom of this page along with other very informative information.  I am sure you have got on to that already but just checking.Lots of love, come back and chat soon.Mich xoxoxo
  • gina racc
    gina racc Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Options

thanks Mich

trip was fun as my canadian friend had never been to central Qld or to sheep and cattle properties, so checking water, seeing the results of the drought and doing some mustering was interesting. my huband was mystied by us just rocking up , 900kms. but the news was a shock, however we've both embraced it and been on a roller coasrer ride.

we live on the atherton tablelands and were going to Cairns for scans, surgery etc. due to family history I asked for ct scans and bone scans to be done prior to surgery so that we had a body map before it was affected by surgery and treatment.

in short, spots on the lung were noted, but I was disappointed that there were pathology results from 2 weeks previous had not been reported to me and the surgeon hadn't read them.

so we asked to go to brisbane-since wednesday week ago, i've been retested, secondaries on lung confirmed been home to reorganise a temporary move and I'm now having my first dose of herceptin and next chemo.

Very hapoy and confident with my team down here and fortunate to have family and friends here.

so the journey continues - looking forward to some new rountine.

hope all is going well for you

cheers gina