Going Solo

Options

Comments

• Jillianb
    Jillianb Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Again, I have posted on your latest blog and then found this one. You poor girl. I know the other day I had to go to get the first fluid put into my expander and my husband could not come. I was fine until I got into the doctors rooms and then burst into tears. I find that when I am in situations like this one, and there have been quite a few since my diagnosis, that I keep in mind all the other poor girls that seem to be going through way more than i have. It helps keep me strong!

Have you been in contact with the McGrath foundation. They have a database of qualified breast nurses for support on the website. I contacted them before my mastectomy and the breast nurse was in contact with me within less than 24 hours.

Good luck, I will be thinking of you on Monday. You can do this, you have come this far, you are on the homeward bound for those super model breasts!!! That is what I am telling myself anyway!!

Take care, and take up the offer of the other girls on this blog, you can never have too many friends!!

xxx000

• Jillianb
    Jillianb Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015
    Options

That is good to know Chris. I feel like i have a bra full of sand paper! I only have one expander and it is an odd shape with a bit poking out making an odd lump on my breast. Like a corner or something. Those comfy slippers are looking better all the time!! I can't wait!!

Cheers,

Jillian

• Miss Kristy
    Miss Kristy Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Tania as i msg you, just remebered your not on your own, dont be scared as I will be there for you on Monday after you wake up and I'm staying the night in the city to then come and pick you up on Tuesday morning. This is the least I can do. I did this very surgery 3 weeks ago and again correction on my right side again last week. Your going to be fine and they will look amazing xxx love you gf
  • mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

reading through all the messages above makes me feel so proud to be part of this group. The love and caring is just beautiful.

Love

Donna

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ditto Donna we are so lucky to be a part of BCNA.  There are so many beautiful people out there who are willing to help as I found on my journey.

Hope you are okay.

Lots of love, Mich xoxoxo

• ShazK
    ShazK Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thinking of you Tan xxxx

• ShazK
    ShazK Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thinking of you Tan xxxx

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

I hope all went well today, you have been on my mind and in my prayers.

Love

donna

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey girls

Just to give you an update on Tania. You know how she was worried she was going to be doing it on her own.  When she woke up after her surgery and out of recovery.  She had 3 of us lovely BCNA pink sisters to be there for her.  

She was quite perky (excuse the pun lol) in herself of which we were all surprised even herself as she has not had a good history in the past with anaesthetics.  We took her some flowers from BCNA and chatted for a while.  Her lovely precious friend Miss Kristy was going to spend the day with her today when she comes out of hospital.  She will fly home soon.

I was happy to see her looking so well at the time.  We want to wish her a speedy and uncomplicated recovery.  She is young and beautiful with a lovely family and her whole life ahead of her to enjoy.

We wish you all the very best Tania, stay in touch.  Chris and I would love to see you and/or Miss Kristy when you are in Perth next.  Look after yourself precious.

Lots of love always, xoxoxoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey girls

Just to give you an update on Tania. You know how she was worried she was going to be doing it on her own.  When she woke up after her surgery and out of recovery.  She had 3 of us lovely BCNA pink sisters to be there for her.  

She was quite perky (excuse the pun lol) in herself of which we were all surprised even herself as she has not had a good history in the past with anaesthetics.  We took her some flowers from BCNA and chatted for a while.  Her lovely precious friend Miss Kristy was going to spend the day with her today when she comes out of hospital.  She will fly home soon.

I was happy to see her looking so well at the time.  We want to wish her a speedy and uncomplicated recovery.  She is young and beautiful with a lovely family and her whole life ahead of her to enjoy.

We wish you all the very best Tania, stay in touch.  Chris and I would love to see you and/or Miss Kristy when you are in Perth next.  Look after yourself precious.

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey girls

• tan_g
    tan_g Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls.  Well yes, I met 3 amazing ladies when I woke from my operation.  The love and support they gave to me was just amazing, and they will be friends for life.

Happy to report that surgery went well and other than the associated bit of pain, Im doing well.

Back home with my family, in my own bed and looking forward to enjoying my life again.  Back to Perth next Thursday for a check-up with my surgeon, and get the bandages off Im hoping...Then I can get a proper look at my new boobies !!

Love Love Love this site and the girls that visitied me, Miss Kristy, Mich & Chris....you made me laugh, cry and restored my faith in life....I will be eternally grateful...and hope that I can too support you all one day..

All my love Tan

x

• tan_g
    tan_g Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls.  Well yes, I met 3 amazing ladies when I woke from my operation.  The love and support they gave to me was just amazing, and they will be friends for life.

Happy to report that surgery went well and other than the associated bit of pain, Im doing well.

Back home with my family, in my own bed and looking forward to enjoying my life again.  Back to Perth next Thursday for a check-up with my surgeon, and get the bandages off Im hoping...Then I can get a proper look at my new boobies !!

Love Love Love this site and the girls that visitied me, Miss Kristy, Mich & Chris....you made me laugh, cry and restored my faith in life....I will be eternally grateful...and hope that I can too support you all one day..

All my love Tan

x

• JenPM
    JenPM Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This is the first time I have posted I here and just wanted to say how amazing you all are. Tan, I'm glad your surgery went well and you are back home with your family and you weren't alone.

I am having my mastectomy and breast reconstruction on Friday and these posts have given me such a boost. I have been so nervous even though I have my family and many friends around to support me.

Jen
  • Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Jen I am glad our posts have given you a boost.  You will be feeling very apprehensive i am sure as it is a big thing you are going to be going through so you are allowed to feel nervous.  Another one of the unknowns that we face with BC.  All the unknowns that we step in to and come through make us a much stronger person and I am sure you will do really well.

There is the search option at the top of the page where you can type in a key word and it will take you to other posts relating to what you are looking for which may also be of help to you.  Down the bottom are all the Resources available which may also relate to any information you require.  

What State are you in?  I am so glad you have a good support team behind you but you also have this BCNA pink sisters team supporting you now as well.

Wishing you all the best for Friday and good healing vibes coming your way.

Lots of love, Mich xoxo