Newby: Hobart

Options

Comments

• Suzicu
    Suzicu Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi magicmum, Thank you for your post. And yes, everyone I have met through BC has been amazing. I went to my fiends on Thursday who is also my hairdresser and we halved the length of my hair. One thing she said was she couldn't believe how positive I was over the whole thing. This is because of all the support and inspiration I have got from the bcna website and my brave friends who have already fought the battle against BC. I am still scared of what is to come, mainly because I'm unsure of what's next. Thanks to everyone! I look forward to reading more post and dreading acually understanding what is being said. You'll be hearing a lot more for me. Suzicu. 

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey SuziI am so glad you have received your My Journey kit.  If you are like me you will find it invaluable.  The Personal Record Book became my bible and it went everywhere with me and still does as I still note all my appointments in it and all my contacts.  As I was going through each step of my journey I would refer back to all the information it holds and that was great to keep me informed before it actually happened.I hope you are doing okay and I am thinking of you every day.Hugs to you, lots of love, Mich xoxo
  • MaureenH
    MaureenH Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options

It is so great to read everyone's messages.

I can tell there is support in Hobart for you, which is wonderful to hear.

Thank you all you wonderful B/C ladies, you made my path so much easier and it is lovely to see that we can all support each other.

Please feel free tio contact me if I can be of any help to you all via Tas Breast Cancer Network.

Keep safe, Think Pink.

Maureen H

• MaureenH
    edited March 2015
    Options

It is so great to read everyone's messages.

I can tell there is support in Hobart for you, which is wonderful to hear.

Thank you all you wonderful B/C ladies, you made my path so much easier and it is lovely to see that we can all support each other.

Please feel free tio contact me if I can be of any help to you all via Tas Breast Cancer Network.

Keep safe, Think Pink.

Maureen H

• Kathra
    Kathra Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi to you Susan!

I just received an email from my B/C friends from up the North of our state mentioning that you have joined our site! How lovely to see so many comments as the ladies welcome you along. I too was diagnosed at the end of April, 8 years ago!!!  I see that Deb has passed on the info about the meetings, not sure if you went along. If you would like to meet up I would be happy to do so & introduce you to some others. The Mothers Day Classic is on this weekend and I will be volunteering in the surviours tent, 'BCNA Liason' if you feel like a visit, please come & join us. I know it's hard the first time when you may not know anyone but it is well worth it! If you would like to meet up before then inbox me, I have Fridays & Mondays off.

Safe Journey

Kathra

• MaureenH
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathra,

Are you going to Sydney summitt & or Fields of Women

Maureen

• Suzicu
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Kathra,

Thank you for you post. I might give this Mother's Day classic a miss this year, as I had my surgery today.

I'm feeling really good afterwards, very little pain. hoping to go home Friday.

Dmed has also offered to show me around the meeting, I'm no good at stepping through the door hopefully I will get to the May meeting. My best friends mum is having her op tomorrow, so I have also asked her if she would like to come along also.

Susan x
  • Kathra
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hugs to you Susan! Today is eight years since I had my opp! will send my info to your private message.

take care & safe travelling xoxo

• Kathra
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hugs to you Susan! Today is eight years since I had my opp! will send my info to your private message.

take care & safe travelling xoxo

• MaureenH
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes Kathra, I am going and also I believe that Bev Ritchie TBCN Treasurer is going as well.

Cheers

Maureen

• Kathra
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hugs to you susan! hope each day gets a little better. Medications were invented for that very reason they're there to help with the pain. Take care & hope to catchup with you soon

Kathra xox

• Kathra
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes susan I will be there from start to finish!!!! Deb is coming along too. Will look forward to meeting you in person!

Take care & rest up & I'll see you Sat

Hugs Kathra xox

• dmed
    dmed Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Susan I hope to get over before ten but hope we can catch up if not will send a message about the meeting next week. Hope you feeling better. Deb
  • Suzicu
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We have soccer at 10 do we'll be there after 11. Looking forward to catching up at the meeting.
  • Suzicu
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Deb, I have read your story, i was really worried about the size if my lump till i saw the size of yours. OMG! The meetings sound great, wondering if I could meet you there one week? I'm a bit wuss went it comes to walking into a room by myself. Regards Susan