It's official - Field of Women 2013

Options
Jeanie
Jeanie Member Posts: 19
edited March 2013 in Community news and events

Hi everyone!

It’s official! BCNA is presenting a Field of Women in 2013!

Many of you will have stood on the Field in 2005, 2007 or 2010, and know what an unforgettable experience it is.

This year, we’re spreading the love and heading to Sydney on Saturday 10 August. The Field will be held in the evening before a match between Sydney Swans and Collingwood at ANZ Stadium.

Tickets aren’t on sale yet but we’ll let you know as soon as they are! In the meantime, please spread the word through your networks.

This year, 15,000 will stand together to represent the number of people who will be diagnosed this year.

We hope to see you there!

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls ... would really love to attend ... will have to do mu "financial planning" when we get costs etc and also work out air fares etc.

Got a couple of things on the drawing board for October ... still have to be careful re over-exerting, but if I plan well in advance it won't be so "stressful" ... not that I class anything PINK related as stressful.

Look forward to hearing m ore details .Luv .. Shirl x0x

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls ... would really love to attend ... will have to do mu "financial planning" when we get costs etc and also work out air fares etc.

Got a couple of things on the drawing board for October ... still have to be careful re over-exerting, but if I plan well in advance it won't be so "stressful" ... not that I class anything PINK related as stressful.

Look forward to hearing m ore details .Luv .. Shirl x0x

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lee

Great to read your post. You sound as excited as I am.

I have already booked my flights???? couldn't help myself. I now just hope to hell I can get a ticket.

I also have a Bestie but I call her my best Beastie who lives out of Sydney and her and I became best of Beasties through the BCNA website. Just started off chatting about chooks of all things and now we chat to each other every day.

I am so excited to be catching up with her but I am also so very excited to be able to be a part of the Field of Women 2013. It will be my first one and hopefully not my last.

Pleeeeease let me get a ticket now. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Lots of love, Mich xoxo

• marls40
    marls40 Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2015
    Options

Have my family lining up to go

MY DIL (daughter in Law) has booked a pink hummer for us to arrive in style

cant wait and love the support i get from my family and friends

always up for anything

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great points go to your DIL :-)    We love it!

I wonder how many pink hummers there are in Sydney - there might be a fight to get the last ones!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am soooooo excited about Field of Women 2013. I plan to be there with my husband.  I watched the last one on TV from my hospital bed- recuperating from Mastectomy and reconstruction. It will be great to be part of it.

• Jeanie
    Jeanie Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kitty!

It's great to see everyone's excitement building for the Field of Women (and love your new title, Maxi Field!)

The tickets will include the game so you're very welcome to stay on afterwards and watch the Swans and Collingwood.

Will definitely keep you posted Kitty!

Jeanie

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone ... have booked my accomodation already. Went to my friend Google and looked for "motels near ANZ Stadium Sydney ... found a site called Booking.com and have booked into the Ibis Budget ... the blurb on the motel says its .3k from ANZ stadium.

If anything untoward happens and for some reason I can't get there (and it would have to be a REALLY GOOD REASON) I'll let you all know on here and someone might want to take over my booking.

Looking forward to meeting up in August .... can't wait

Love to all ... Shirl x0x

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone ... have booked my accomodation already. Went to my friend Google and looked for "motels near ANZ Stadium Sydney ... found a site called Booking.com and have booked into the Ibis Budget ... the blurb on the motel says its .3k from ANZ stadium.

If anything untoward happens and for some reason I can't get there (and it would have to be a REALLY GOOD REASON) I'll let you all know on here and someone might want to take over my booking.

Looking forward to meeting up in August .... can't wait

Love to all ... Shirl x0x

• SHORTY
    SHORTY Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi would love to attend from Hobart Tasmania, was diagnosed march last year

so am new to the pink girls. have had chemo and ray treatment finished 24 Oct 2012 had cellulitis in feb plus an  abscess also 6 weeks down the track nearly finished my second daily dressings would love to attend . attending encore at the moment and loving it thank you Gail

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Shorty,

From a Perth girl to a Tassie girl I welcome you to BCNA. 

It sounds like you have had a bit of a rough trot.I hope you can make it to the Field of Women and that we can all catch up and say hello face to face.

I have already booked my flights and accomodation as I am super keen to be a part of BCNA Field of Women. 

This will be my first year and hopefully not my last.

The Encore program is fantastic so I hope it goes well for you. 

Look forward to seeing you in Sydney.

Look after yourself, lots of love, Mich xoxo

• SHORTY
    SHORTY Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mich x  Am hoping to go they say its very moving will  look forward to catching up with you keep in touch  thanks again

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey ShirlMy Best BCNA Beastie and I are also staying at the Ibis Budget :-)Mich xoxo
  • ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

That's good ... how long you booked in for ... at least we can get lost together !!!

Shirl x0x

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So far only the one night BUT.  I will have my Sydney BCNA bestie with us so we will be fine :-)Mich xoxo