NaturalBel
NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
edited February 2013 in Health and wellbeing

Comments

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well I felt instantly like myself when I walked out of the "Look Good Feel Good" workshop in Launceston yesterday.  I was tired of being gawked at by the public, and walking around with no hair on my head.  Not a fun experience, but I was proud of myself for coping well.  It was great to finally meet some locals yesterday and I was blown away with the quality of the free make-up we all were given.  I said " Wow I had to get Cancer to own Lancome or Chanel make-up!"  they laughed!  It was wonderful to be able to spend some time with other ladies in my shoes, and I was definately in a happy place afterward!  

• peggysue
    peggysue Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bel,

Like you I am recently dianosed, had round 2 of chemo. Love your new hair. I have something very similar, and just arrived back at work as a red head. I really admire those who embrance their baldness, but to be truthful I can't even look at myself in the mirror without my pretend hair or little hat....... Bel you look great.......:) i have een following your journey and I hope you are feeling good. For myself I have tolerated chemo well.......

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

OMG,that wig is terrific.You look great.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

OMG,that wig is terrific.You look great.

Tonya xx

• jandy23
    jandy23 Member Posts: 234
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow, you look great Bel. Fantastic wig. Good to hear you are feeling well.

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bel! I hope you feel as good as you look :-) It's a perfect match.....oh and while I am giving compliments - that electric blue is definately you colour. ~Daina

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bel! I hope you feel as good as you look :-) It's a perfect match.....oh and while I am giving compliments - that electric blue is definately you colour. ~Daina

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

funny how I usually wear very neutral clothes , but on both occasions of taking my own pics, I threw on the only 2 bright colours I own!  Could mean I need to buy more brighter clothes!!  I am feeling well, even earlier than the last 2 times.  The perfect diet and exercise is working!  I have over a week of feeling ok this time!  Thank you Daina for your support all the way through! Bel

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

It was blowing a gale here in Launceston yesterday and not a great hair day at all.  I must admit I still walked around thinking "They know its a wig, they know its a wig!"  Didnt feel very relaxed even though I told myself I preferred to blend in than be bald and think "Theyre looking at my bald head, theyre looking at my bald head!"  Oh for goodness sake, isnt it just crazy thoughts we have.  So grateful its not hot weather, and could imagine it would be hot to wear a wig if it were.  I only put it on when I go out any-way.  

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

Here's lookin' at you kid....

I feel a new YOU coming on..

Wig looks good !.. The weather HAS been windy ++ in Tassy the last few days.

I have had 5 swims in the ocean so far. Hoping to get more, either at Low Head or Bridport, before the summer is over.. I do like the feeling after a swim, ( well treading water really. )

Cheers, Kathy.

• magicmum
    magicmum Member Posts: 285
    edited March 2015
    Options

It looks fabulous.  (I'll have to start believing people when they say it to me !) You are young and beautiful too which makes a big difference. We old ladies can sometimes look even older. And walking around with a few wispy strands is NOT for me.

I have been in a few REALLY windy situations with no problems. It looks a bit obvious when you hang on to it like a hat :P

I only wear mine to work too, it's too hot. I prefer my nice hats and scarves.

Best of luck for treatment

magicmum

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have been away and just saw the photo of your new wig. You look amazing, Bel - so glad that Look Good Feel Good gave you a boost. If you feel as good as you look, you are doing 100%! Love, Michelle xx