Options
tcrobyn
tcrobyn Member Posts: 3
edited January 2013 in Social Groups

Hey, I was just diagnosed yesterday - doing ok (Praising God in the storm). Listening to a lot of Casting Crowns and very glad to have found this group.

Comments

• annz53
    annz53 Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2015
    Options

I finished my treatment in October 2012. My cancer was Triple Negative so they could only treat it with Chemo and Radiation.

"God is good all the time" youtube_FEaoc1Szf30

My advice is to get a notebook and make a note of all your questions, then write down the answers as you get them from Drs, friends, etc  ~ this is so you don't forget anything.

I also bought one of those flip files with plastic pockets and put things in as I got them, in the order I got them, 'cos there is a lot of paper, mammograms, appointments, telephone nos, etc that you are going to collect along this journey.

Always take somebody with you to appointments to help you listen and understand what the Drs are saying to you.

Whenever you have a test ask for a copy of the results, then file it in your flip file.

If you have any questions or just need a shoulder to cry on, I am here. Know that I will be praying for you all.

Remember, God is good ALL the time and He never leaves us to walk alone, Ann

• annz53
    edited March 2015
    Options

I finished my treatment in October 2012. My cancer was Triple Negative so they could only treat it with Chemo and Radiation.

"God is good all the time" youtube_FEaoc1Szf30

My advice is to get a notebook and make a note of all your questions, then write down the answers as you get them from Drs, friends, etc  ~ this is so you don't forget anything.

I also bought one of those flip files with plastic pockets and put things in as I got them, in the order I got them, 'cos there is a lot of paper, mammograms, appointments, telephone nos, etc that you are going to collect along this journey.

Always take somebody with you to appointments to help you listen and understand what the Drs are saying to you.

Whenever you have a test ask for a copy of the results, then file it in your flip file.

If you have any questions or just need a shoulder to cry on, I am here. Know that I will be praying for you all.

Remember, God is good ALL the time and He never leaves us to walk alone, Ann

• tcrobyn
    tcrobyn Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

I tell my girls the same - knowledge is power. Even if your research is conflicting - it gives you a base to start your own questions etc. I am 45. I am listening to Casting Crowns at the moment "I will praise you through the storm" and it is great.

• Bosom Buddy
    Bosom Buddy Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey I have been on here a fair bit trying to read and see your comments and support of one another but been disappointed that there is nothing happening?Why is there a group but nobody here?I am recently diagnosed and was searching for some sisters to share and uplift each other.God Bless
  • annz53
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there, just received info that I had mail from the group.

Can't  speak for the other group members but I just find this whole cancer thing so depressing that I just prefer not to come on here and read about the cancer coming back, etc.

How are you travelling at the moment?

Take care, Ann

• annz53
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there, just received info that I had mail from the group.

Can't  speak for the other group members but I just find this whole cancer thing so depressing that I just prefer not to come on here and read about the cancer coming back, etc.

How are you travelling at the moment?

Take care, Ann

• Bosom Buddy
    Bosom Buddy Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options

I can totally understand your comment Ann and seems that you are finished your treatment you probably want to get into living away from cancer.

I am not depressed but having a rough time of it just relying on support and God.

Keep looking up xx