BCNA Gold Coast Forum

Options
georgiebz
georgiebz Member Posts: 75
edited October 2012 in Community news and events

Hi all,

I have just returned from the BCNA Forum held on the Gold Coast and must say it was an informative forum that focuses on living well after breast cancer.

I myself have been suffering from depression and anxiety following treatment and found the information sessions on depression very helpful - not only in treatments etc but also realising that having depression following treatment is not unusual, that doesn't mean all women will experience depresssion but many do. 

Thank you BCNA for holding these forums around the country.

Cheers,
Georgie

Comments

• Contented
    Contented Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Congratulations to BCNA ! What a truly fantastic day. I was diagnosed May 2011 and have felt quite alone until today. Such a relief to know I'm not alone, and have come away feeling like like a huge weight has been lifted from me, you girls get it!!!!!
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you BCNA - what a great day!  The speakers were all so warm and personal it was like listening to friends, and the information covered so much that we are going through.  It was wonderful to see 300 women there and to meet others from the local area. I came straight from a radiotherapy session and felt uplifted for the rest of the day.  Thank you Maxine, for bringing your wonderful team to the Coast.  It was such a special day!

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you BCNA - what a great day!  The speakers were all so warm and personal it was like listening to friends, and the information covered so much that we are going through.  It was wonderful to see 300 women there and to meet others from the local area. I came straight from a radiotherapy session and felt uplifted for the rest of the day.  Thank you Maxine, for bringing your wonderful team to the Coast.  It was such a special day!

• Maxine
    Maxine Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2015
    Options

So pleased you enjoyed it!  You certainly are not alone.

Regards

Maxine

• Maxine
    Maxine Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2015
    Options

It was a real pleasure.  We all get a lot out of our forum days!

• tammyp26
    tammyp26 Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Shame I didn't know about it. Just finished radiation yesterday - yay! Georgie I'd love to reconnect if you're up for it x Tammy