Good news

Options
Kez51
Kez51 Member Posts: 18
edited September 2012 in Day to day
I just had a call from my surgeon. The nodes were clear of cancer. So happy. He also said we made the right decision on taking both breasts. Originally the mammography only showed it in right breast but there were a few very small undistinguishable spots in the the left that we're too small to biopsy. Because of all my other cancer problems in past my Oncologist recommended doing double mastectomy. Good to know we got it right.
Now just have to concentrate on the reconstruction and getting better. Still a bit of a journey ahead but seems brighter some how.

Comments

• dmed
    dmed Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good news is great to get. All the best for the rest of your journey. Take care .
  • FD
    FD Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Best news ever Kez, so happy for you. I know what it feels like to hear those words and it took a few days to sink in and really believe it. We are definitely the lucky ones lets make the most of it! Take care Lara xx

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

So happy for you to hear the nodes are clear.  You deserve some really great news after all you have been through!  You are a survivor, Kez, and you have come through everything life has pitched at you lately and that was surely some list.  Do hope your Dad is doing as well as possible, so this is one less worry for you.  Hope you get back to your 'new normal' as soon as possible.  One day at a time - and big hugs - Michelle x