Get Connected Day!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Christine_L
    Christine_L Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015
    Options

I follow with interest everyone's posts about treatments received and coping with it. No one really mentions lifestyle changes one can make during and after treatment for cancer and as a preventative measure. There are so many lifestyle issues that can contribute to a cancer diagnosis, but fortunately many changes (all proven scientifically) one can make to make one feel better about life in general and to contribute to one's recovery. For me the UK web site www.canceractive.com has provided the most useful and balanced tips to support and implement this - I am implementing aspects  of their Activ8 Programme (with support of my wonderful GP) and have found it very supportive . It is not easy changing one's lifestyle - and there are many days I fail to not eat absolutely healthily (or not drink a 2nd glass of bubbly over Xmas!!) or forget to do my yoga/meditation - but surely one of the positive aspects of a cancer diagnosis is that it pulls us up quick and sharp to make us question our lives and how we are living it.

This has been a New Year's thought to you about something that is working for me. Everyone tackles this challenge in a different way, but we can also learn from others, take from it what works for us and support one another in the process.

May 2011 be the healthiest and happiest year of your lives!

Blessings

• MargB
    MargB Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Paula,

I was diagnosed with metaplastic breast cancer in late October 2010. Now in Sydney at end of first week of radiotherapy, with carboplatin chemo to increase its effectiveness. The medical oncologist says there is no systemic chemotherapy treatment proven to be of value for metaplastic breast cancer. As it is very rare, I can't see that there ever will be specific evidence. What treatments have been recommended to you?

Hoping you're are travelling ok.

MargB