I have just been diagnosed

Options

Comments

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi lanilumps71,

It's great to see you have found your way around the online network and have been able to connect with others having been/going through the same as you.

Just shout if you need a hand or have any questions. Otherwise you may from the Help section of our website useful: http://www.bcna.org.au/node/476

Cheers, Daina

• magicmum
    magicmum Member Posts: 285
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's a great place to be, here, among friends. We are on the same road. I hope your journey is a smooth one.

How lovely to have a new baby to focus on ! That will keep you busy, something to keep your mind on.

Take special care of yourself.

magicmum

• magicmum
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's a great place to be, here, among friends. We are on the same road. I hope your journey is a smooth one.

How lovely to have a new baby to focus on ! That will keep you busy, something to keep your mind on.

magicmum

• magicmum
    edited March 2015
    Options

magicmum

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi again!

Yes I have to add 'ban Dr Google'...........I found out the hard way, that this can lead to panic and major freak out - stuff you don't need.  Keep your chin up and don't be afraid to ask questions (I usually go to the onc with a little list, tucked just inside my handbag!) hang in there girl! x x x Josie

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi again!

Yes I have to add 'ban Dr Google'...........I found out the hard way, that this can lead to panic and major freak out - stuff you don't need.  Keep your chin up and don't be afraid to ask questions (I usually go to the onc with a little list, tucked just inside my handbag!) hang in there girl! x x x Josie

• chipmunk
    chipmunk Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi lanilumps71

Welcome, but sorry to hear that you are also on this "journey" like us.

I hope your surgery goes well on the 26th. And you will fight this, just like us all here.

We all go through the denial stage and can't believe it's me. But you will find out what stage, grade etc you will be after the surgery.

Lovely to hear that you will be a grandmother very soon. Something to focus on, and I am sure a big distraction. Keep us posted....

Just ask questions here anytime day or night. As there is always someone here to answer your questions no matter how small.

Just take one day at a time. Don't get too ahead of yourself. And just go with the flow. You will have good and bad days, but just remember that there is an end to all this. And you will get better.

I was diagnosed on March 2012, had my surgery and 20 lymph nodes removed  - all cancerous. Having chemo at the moment , having in total 12 sessions and then 30 sessions of radiation. After treatment finished having hormone replacement and operation to remove ovaries. Have completed 5 sessions of chemo so far, so still a way to go. A long road still to go and always asking questions.

You will find out what surgery you will need to have and what treatment needed. So ask heaps of questions on Friday.

Hope all goes well and will be thinking of your

Love and hugs Julie XX

• lanilumps71
    lanilumps71 Member Posts: 66
    edited March 2015
    Options

This site is already such a blessing!!

• lanilumps71
    edited March 2015
    Options

My little granddaughter arrived in the world yesterday afternoon!! I am determined no matter what this breast cancer has in store for me that i will beat this.... I want to watch her grow up and I'm going to be the best nana!!

• lanilumps71
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sending you much strength and a big thankyou for your words... I am now a nana to a beautiful little granddaughter... Little Mylah Skye... cant believe how much love i feel for this child.... So lucky in so many ways.... and so unlucky with this one thing.... I will focus on the good things and if i have a bad day.... at least i know i wont be alone!! I will take your advice and .... take it one day at a time.... thankyou and hope that chemo gets it all for you xxxx thankyou xxxx

• lanilumps71
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank goodness!! I will ban myself from google from now on and read through the booklets.... Not sure what questions to ask right now... but sure after tomorrow i will have a big list xxxx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

How wonderful to have a new grandaughter -congratulations.Amongst all the other crap,she will be a lovely positive in your life to focus on.Enjoy her and take care of yourself.

Tonya xx

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh....that is fantastic news 'Nana'- Congratulations! :-)

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lanilumps,

Congratulations - what a wonderful way to be distracted while you wait for your results tomorrow - seeing your beautiful new granddaughter and soaking up the happiness around her.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, and on the 26th when you have your surgery. (I had bilateral mastectomies in April - nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be - I just wanted it GONE as thoroughly and as fast as possible).  When you have your results and a plan of action, you will feel you much more control.  Hurdle 1 - surgery - and just take one hurdle at a time so you don't get overwhelmed.  We all know what you are going through and are here for you.

Let us know your results tomorrrow - fingers crossed for you -

Love and hugs, Michelle xx

• Shazinoz
    Shazinoz Member Posts: 307
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulation Nana, on your new darling Grand daughter.

Enjoy her and what a great way to take your monid of all the waiting and worry.

Sharon ?