I'm going too

Options
CountryCathy
CountryCathy Member Posts: 18
edited October 2016 in Community news and events

Hi there all

My name is Cathy and I have only just moved from a place called Glenden which is two hours drive west of Mackay in Nth Qld into town (Mackay).  I used to have to travel 5.5 hours to get to my treatment - oh the fun! I was diagnosed in Sept of 2009 and so far so good.  lol

I attended a conference in Sept of 2010 at the Gold Coast and it was awesome. Got to meet some lovely ladies and some exceptionally brave ladies.  I am so excited to be attending this conference and to be able to pass on information we gather to others who are unable to attend. 

Is there anyone else from Mackay area that is attending?  Where is everyone else from?

I look forward togetting to know all of you better in the lead up to this conference and beyond. 

Cathy 

Tagged:

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am from Gracemere and will be attending.  I have a friend from Bouldercombe who will be attending as well.  I have been to the BCNA Summit in Melbourne last year.  Very good to be able to gain valuable information to bring hoe to share with others.  I have a young friiend from Tieri who will also be attending.  Maybe our name tags should read our name and also our loction so that we can join up for future networking exercises. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am from Gracemere and will be attending.  I have a friend from Bouldercombe who will be attending as well.  I have been to the BCNA Summit in Melbourne last year.  Very good to be able to gain valuable information to bring hoe to share with others.  I have a young friiend from Tieri who will also be attending.  Maybe our name tags should read our name and also our loction so that we can join up for future networking exercises. XLeonie

• Powerpat
    Powerpat Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Cathy, I used to live in Mackay 6 years ago. I am now on the Tableland, living in Atherton. I am flying in late Wednesday from Cairns. Staying at the Metro Hotel and my room mate is Deborah Jones.