Had a great day out....

Options
chipmunk
chipmunk Member Posts: 280
edited June 2012 in Day to day

HI

Just thought I would tell you all of the fantastic day I had today with my lovely husband.

6 days after chemo, and feeling very sorry for myself, my lovely husband decided to surprise me with a day out.

He also surprised me, with a new motor bike jacket he had purchased quietly for me. And then told me that we were going out for a ride on the motor bike to Canungra for a coffee and lunch.

The day was beautiful, having the wind and sunshine on my face was a delight. Smelling the fresh air, freshly cut grass, and cow shit (haha) also smelt lovely. The bumps from the bitumen as we rode felt great also.

The day made me feel "normal" again for a change. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

I had a smile on my face and on the inside. Thinking how lucky I am today. Happy... being alive and being outside and making the most of this beautiful day.

I hope you all had a great day today. And wishing you all well.

Love as always Julie XX

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julie

Sounds like you had a magnificent and very special day.  Your man sounds wonderful and obviously knew what would manage to put a smile on the inside and outside of your war torn body.

Well done hubby, good on ya mate. HERE IS TO ALL THOSE SPECIAL HUBBYS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!, including mine when he shines through for me.

We are lucky.

Mich xoxo

• FD
    FD Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julie

So glad to hear you are also blessed with a wonderful hubby. I couldn't do it without mine. Not sure how others manage.

I want a day just like that. Heres praying to many more normal feeling days for you. You deserve it!

Lara xx

• FD
    FD Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julie

So glad to hear you are also blessed with a wonderful hubby. I couldn't do it without mine. Not sure how others manage.

I want a day just like that. Heres praying to many more normal feeling days for you. You deserve it!

Lara xx

• chipmunk
    chipmunk Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lara'

Thanks, I just hope you all have a great memorable day.

Its just so hard sometimes, but  you just keep smiling.

Yes our hubbies, are knights in shining armour. They just step up to the plate sometimes, and make us feel "normal".

You will have great days to, I know it.

Love Julie XX

• justtrina
    justtrina Member Posts: 110
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julie

Lovely to hear about your day out...

Day 4 past FEC and I 'sent/allowed/encouraged??'  hubby out fishing for the day.. he actually caught a few fish which made the day worthwhile. Meanwhile Adam (my wonderful 8 year old son) and I had breakfast at Garden City then went shopping at 'Smiggles'. I came home exhausted ... Adam sent me to bed for a rest then entertained himself till daddy came home.

We are so lucky to have such loving, supportive families...

Trina

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good on you, Julie.  Sometimes the effort to get out the door is huge, but a little bit of fresh air and sunshine are like magic, aren't they? :)

• serenity11
    serenity11 Member Posts: 143
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just to venture into Garden City on some days defeats me.  But to then venture into Smiggles is a great effort.  The time out is always worth it though I think.  I hope the fish were keepers and tasty.

• serenity11
    edited March 2015
    Options

How wonderful are these people that watch and hover behind us waiting to help us with anything we need, even when we dont realise we need it. 

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

What is Smiggles girls??

Mich xo

• justtrina
    edited March 2015
    Options

Mich.. Smiggles is a stationery store... highly demographed for maybe 7 - 15 year olds... fancy pencils, pencil cases, rubbers, note books, and top end expensivish items etc.. It's the 'in' thing at the moment. Gives my son something to spend his pocket money on. You can get rubbers etc for under $2... but other things are a little dearer.

• justtrina
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes.. Garden City can be a challenge especially at this time... I often go there early just for a coffee and to sit and people watch. Yes.. the fish were keepers (first time he has caught some in ages so it was worth it) although we haven't had them yet... Friday night.

It's the little things that count... it was worth the exhaustion to share breakfast with my son then go spend his pocket money... he's just learning the value of money so the experience was priceless.

• serenity11
    edited March 2015
    Options

As my children are now in their 20's I need to put my hand up and say I just like the bits and pieces.  Particularly like the smiggle egg which is a little egg shaped speaker that plugs into your computer or phone or ipod and gives and amazing sound.  Lights up too if you want the disco effect.  A great gift.

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks girls, I might have to visit that store for myself.  My children are also grown up now but I can use the excuse I am looking for my grandchildren (one who is 18mths and the other one not born yet hee hee).  Is that Garden City in Perth you are talking about or is there one over East as well.  We have a fabulous Garden City here which is south of the river that I have been to a couple of times when I am down in Perth visiting my daughter.  Great shopping centre.

Mich xoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks girls, I might have to visit that store for myself.  My children are also grown up now but I can use the excuse I am looking for my grandchildren (one who is 18mths and the other one not born yet hee hee).  Is that Garden City in Perth you are talking about or is there one over East as well.  We have a fabulous Garden City here which is south of the river that I have been to a couple of times when I am down in Perth visiting my daughter.  Great shopping centre.

Mich xoxo

• justtrina
    edited March 2015
    Options

Me too.... I find it difficult to walk past the store to be honest... I'll have to check out the 'egg' speaker next time.