Ongoing Saga...

Options
Gayle Taylor
Gayle Taylor Member Posts: 93
edited June 2012 in General discussion

Since I last wrote here, I was taken to Bairnsdale Hospital and admitted 27/5. My temp was 39.9, i ached to the point of almost passing out, my kidneys felt like they were on fire. As i write this, i am still in hospital, ( 1st June) and dont see my way out until maybe 6th june. I came down with ALL the side effects off Taxitere, included a new one, chronic blood nose! My feet are definately the worst tho! Feels like ive run through a bush fire in bare feet, angry red, sore to walk on them, absolutely a nightmare! Sorbelene sems to soothe it for a short time, so lots of that on my feet. I broke out on a rash from my feet up to my groin, possibly put down to the medication they gave me, or the high temp and severe dehydration. I have had numerous bloods taken, port access's to the point of 4 x-rays and one portograph to see why they cant draw bloods back... its kinked in my neck!! BUT, can still flush through, so i sit typing all hooked up to the little blue box, pumping out the Gentomiasin, and Ventomiasin through my body to kill off a now nasty staff ( and unknown other bug) thats invaded my body! I have vomited and poo'ed nothing but green froth for 4 days! Today however, I feel well! My temp has lifted ( 36.2 on av), my stool culture is still queastionable, my white cells are off the chart, my weight has dropped by a 1.5 kilo. Theyve stopped the Clexain injection as it may have caused the blood nose. Anything AND everything that is written on the print out of DOCETAXEL has happened!!!!!!!!!!!! I have two more to go, but My onc will reduce the amount next time, or i walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be admitted straight after my next go in two weeks, and on a drip for 3-4 days with pain killers etc. IF i get the same result, I end it then! NO FKN MORE!!!!!!! I am OVER it! This is the weed killer that kills me in the progress!! Good luck Ladys!xxx

Comments

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Gayle,

Sounds as if you have been having a terrible time! I have spent a very bad week following my first treatment with Taxotere, but my nausea,foul mouth, rashes, aches and extreme fatigue pale into insignificance.......

It's vile stuff! But we must cling onto the thought that it is doing as much damage to the cancer as well. Good luck with it and best wishes..... Pam

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Gayle,

Sounds as if you have been having a terrible time! I have spent a very bad week following my first treatment with Taxotere, but my nausea,foul mouth, rashes, aches and extreme fatigue pale into insignificance.......

It's vile stuff! But we must cling onto the thought that it is doing as much damage to the cancer as well. Good luck with it and best wishes..... Pam

• Tania67
    Tania67 Member Posts: 112
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hang in there Gayle

I know its all so hard to get through. I went through the high temp and 5 day hospital visit after my first chemo round. I'm finished with chemo now thank god! Your onc will surely lessen your dose too. Mine did. on my second round of chemo I had an anaphylactic reaction. Allergic to the chemo!!!!! So after all of that I had to have IV antihistamine before my chemo started! But, like I said..its all over now! 6 weeks post chemo and now my finger nails are starting to fall off...from the nail bed!!! It does feel like its never going to end!

Hang in there babe. Sending you lost of positive thoughts your way

Tania xxx

• Tania67
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hang in there Gayle

I know its all so hard to get through. I went through the high temp and 5 day hospital visit after my first chemo round. I'm finished with chemo now thank god! Your onc will surely lessen your dose too. Mine did. on my second round of chemo I had an anaphylactic reaction. Allergic to the chemo!!!!! So after all of that I had to have IV antihistamine before my chemo started! But, like I said..its all over now! 6 weeks post chemo and now my finger nails are starting to fall off...from the nail bed!!! It does feel like its never going to end!

Hang in there babe. Sending you lost of positive thoughts your way

Tania xxx

• Cheryl D
    Cheryl D Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options

TAXOTERE, hell if it wasn't poison it should be. Nearly killed me too and I was so glad to be done as you will.

I am having horror flashbacks reading what you have gone through as I had similar problems plus a Bartholins' Abscess that needed emergency surgery to remove, it wasn't as if I really needed my fanny torn up as well, lol.!

Best Wishes,

Cheryl D

• chipmunk
    chipmunk Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh Gayle

So sorry to hear your pain. I really hope you feel better real soon.

I don't need to have Taxotere, and reading the blogs , glad I don't need to take it. It sounds horrible. Yuk Yuk Yuk

So hang in there sister, and I am sending you big hugs

Love Julie XX

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

OMG!! OMG!!! OMG!!! I am sitting here reading you girls blogs and thinking to myself am I going to get through this last Taxotere I had on Wednesday without all the horrible, nasty, disgusting things you poor girls have gone through.  I am crapping myself now of what might happen.  Lets see how much sleep I get tonight hey.

I will have my emergency hospital bag by the side of my bed.  I will have to call an ambulance as home alone tonight and get myself up to that hospital.  All these things are now going through my head.  I have always had the thoughts in the back of my mind to make sure I am very aware of what might happen and now I have read it all from so many of you lovely ladies it is scary sh... 

As they say "what doesn't kill ya only makes you stronger" but does it have to be so harsh a thing to make us stronger??

Mich xoxoxoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

OMG!! OMG!!! OMG!!! I am sitting here reading you girls blogs and thinking to myself am I going to get through this last Taxotere I had on Wednesday without all the horrible, nasty, disgusting things you poor girls have gone through.  I am crapping myself now of what might happen.  Lets see how much sleep I get tonight hey.

I will have my emergency hospital bag by the side of my bed.  I will have to call an ambulance as home alone tonight and get myself up to that hospital.  All these things are now going through my head.  I have always had the thoughts in the back of my mind to make sure I am very aware of what might happen and now I have read it all from so many of you lovely ladies it is scary sh... 

As they say "what doesn't kill ya only makes you stronger" but does it have to be so harsh a thing to make us stronger??

Mich xoxoxoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Mich xoxoxoxo

• Gayle Taylor
    edited March 2015
    Options

I gota nurse to clip my toenails and fingernails as they were getting long and scratched my leg, the little one on the right foot just droped off as soon as she went to clip it! She freaked! lol! Its not sore or anything, just.... naked!

• Gayle Taylor
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry to scare you honey, each person is different, but from all the women Ive spoken to who have experienced it, it hasn't been kind to them.  I was ok on tuesday, chemo day, but by 2am Thursday morning i was in pain with body jarring aches in the joints. The PEG injection just hightens the already ache you may feel, so Its double the pain, and i HOPE TO GOD!! you don't get this as bad, or at all!! I hope too that my 2nd round isn't as harsh, and as i said, if my Onc doesnt agree to lessen the dose, I walk. Good Luck sweetheart, sending warmth and hugs to you, and loads of pain killers! If your able to tolerate ENDONE, ( I cant) then get onto it!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Gayle Taylor
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for all your warmth and care, it is a hard thing to go through. We all experience the chemo treatments in different ways, but somehow this Taxotere is a bit universal when it comes to symptoms. Its 3.45am Saturday morning, sitting up wide awake, feeling alot damn better than i have done, still have my blue box pumping through the goods, no diarreah at all yesterday, and a good report, NO strange foreign bug in my bowel! So theyre un hooking me today sometime. Slight dry skin around my eyes, watery a bit, my burning feet have seemed to settle as well, no where near as bad!! Tolerable. My taste now does have a slight metallic flavour, and all these few months i have tasted bland cardboard!....yep...the sips of water definately taste like tin. Awsome! And, my nose is slightly dry and congested, but not bleeding!

Ive been on the rollercoaster from HELL for many a day now, I feel exhausted, physically and emotionally. It really does feel like the past 7 days have been a living nightmare. BUT... im here, alive and breathing still, war torn, but alive. When they say you FIGHT cancer, theyre not bloody kidding!!!  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Gayle Taylor
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for all your warmth and care, it is a hard thing to go through. We all experience the chemo treatments in different ways, but somehow this Taxotere is a bit universal when it comes to symptoms. Its 3.45am Saturday morning, sitting up wide awake, feeling alot damn better than i have done, still have my blue box pumping through the goods, no diarreah at all yesterday, and a good report, NO strange foreign bug in my bowel! So theyre un hooking me today sometime. Slight dry skin around my eyes, watery a bit, my burning feet have seemed to settle as well, no where near as bad!! Tolerable. My taste now does have a slight metallic flavour, and all these few months i have tasted bland cardboard!....yep...the sips of water definately taste like tin. Awsome! And, my nose is slightly dry and congested, but not bleeding!

Ive been on the rollercoaster from HELL for many a day now, I feel exhausted, physically and emotionally. It really does feel like the past 7 days have been a living nightmare. BUT... im here, alive and breathing still, war torn, but alive. When they say you FIGHT cancer, theyre not bloody kidding!!!  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Tania67
    edited March 2015
    Options

You hang in there Gayle

It wont be long before you are looking back at this part of your journey and saying to yourself...thank **** that is over!

Big big hugs to you babe

xxxxxxxxx

• Tania67
    edited March 2015
    Options

You hang in there Gayle

It wont be long before you are looking back at this part of your journey and saying to yourself...thank **** that is over!

Big big hugs to you babe

xxxxxxxxx