Just diagnosed

Options
Cath.wal
Cath.wal Member Posts: 11
edited May 2012 in Social Groups
I was diagnosed on 23 march, since then I've had a core biopsy under MRI, then lump removed, then genetics testing. I'm waiting for results in order to make a decision for my long term future. I am separated and have a 5 yr old son, and I work full time. I've been blessed, because the cancer has been found early. My mother died from breast cancer at 55. I'm 47.
Catherine

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome to the site and also "Hello from your Pink Sister".  The waiting for test results is the hardest part of your journey but they do happen.  Best wishes to you. XLeonie

• memyselfI
    memyselfI Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Catherine, Sorry not to replied to you earlier, I haven't been looging in to the BCNA website since my computer crashed an I have to re-establish all my links. I will start praying for you now so I hope you can update us with your progress. Blessings from Patricia

• memyselfI
    edited March 2015
    Options

It must be the Tamoxifen giving me a few memory lapses, I thought I couldn't remember you but now I have checked all the posts my memory has clicked in. So lots of prayers for your future planning now that your genetic tests have come back. It will be interesting to see the Breast cancer profile in Australia increase with Kerrianne K going public about her breast cancer as we follow her progress via the TV. Hopefully additional resources will come the BC way.

Many blessings Patricia

• Cath.wal
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I elected for reconstruction.
    The temporary expanders have now been filled (the process was harder and more painful than I'd expected). My next op to have the gel implants put in is on 17 December- I will be out of hospital before Christmas.
    I am hoping the recovery time will be quicker. I have been seeing a physio and this has been the best thing for me.
  • memyselfI
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hoping and praying that all goes well for you

Blessings Tricianne

• memyselfI
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hoping and praying that all goes well for you

Blessings Tricianne

• LS
    LS Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Catherine,

Just letting you know I prayed for you today - for healing and a comfortable recovery. I had a mastectomy on one side only about 3 years ago and am content without a reconstruction. However, my sister had the same reconstruction procedure as you about 2 years ago and the result looked awesome with hardly any scarring. I'm praying the same will be for you. I've just had my fantastic, fabulous fifty and feel so blessed that early diagnosis may have prevented further problems. You'll be looking fabulous by Christmas and great Christmas presents they'll be too.  Blessings to you and your son.

• Cath.wal
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's so uplifting to know that people who you have never met can be so supportive and encouraging. Thank you!
    I'm not too sure I will be regarding the implants in quite a positive frame at Christmas knowing I will only have had surgery a week earlier, but I am looking forward to a brand New Year ahead without illness and drama!
    Yesterday was the 22 anniversary of my mothers death to breast cancer. I am beating this for both of us, and leading the life that was taken from her, but given to me.
    I thank God for this second chance.