Helping make decisions

Jemmy
Jemmy Member Posts: 1
Hi, my Mum is 78 and was diagnosed with hormone positive breast cancer in 2023, she has had her surgery and radiotherpay and is now on her hormone blockers. She now needs to make a decision about taking zometa, weighing up side effects with quality of life in your later years. 
She wants me to help her make a decision she is really struggling with, anyone have any tips on making decisions when your elderly and for loved ones they rely on to assist them. 

Comments

• Abbydog
    Abbydog Member Posts: 509
    I've had no problems at all with Zometa. It doesn't take long to be administered. My bone density has improved as wanted.The only precaution is to make sure her teeth are in as good a condition as possible. And all dental work is done before commencing. 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,935
    Hi @Jemmy.  If you put Zometa in the search bar you will see quite a few discussions.
    Is the drug being recommended as a precaution due to taking the other medications or is it because her bones are thin already ?
    It is hard to make the decision for oneself but added stress when trying to assist one's mother.