Shocked!

Peck
Peck Member Posts: 1
I found a lump in my right breast and thought it was just a cyst. Off to the doctor and the blighter was gone but she sent me off for Mammogram and Ultrasound, just to be sure. I was called back the next day for a FNB and was told when I was laying on the bed 'your journey has begun". To say I was shocked is an understatement. I am now 8 days post op and last night I was informed by my surgeon that I have Triple Negative Breast Cancer. I've spoken with friends & read so much but I am still confused....and shocked.
Is there anyone in this group who can educate me a little more please.
P.S. I am new to this site and think the discussions and new found 'friends' are wonderful.
Take care ladies x

Comments

• GinGin
    GinGin Member Posts: 154
    Hello @Peck, sorry to see you joining us☹️. 

I am hormone positive and Her2 negative. I located an article about the different types of BC. Hope you find it useful. Some other ladies (triple negative) may be able to tell you more. 

https://www.bcna.org.au/resource-hub/articles/types-of-breast-cancer/

It’s going to be quite a journey as you’ve just been diagnosed but the ladies in this network are amazing and extremely supportive. Feel free to ask any questions you have and someone will be able to share with you their experiences.
    💝🌸💝
    Gin
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,935
    Hello @Peck - there is a private group on her for people diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer so perhaps you can ask to join that.
    You will see it listed under 'groups' at the right hand side of the screen and you will see a button to join.
    Worth being able to chat with others who have the same diagnosis.
    All the best.  💖
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,469
    @Peck Being shocked is part of the experience. I think I went through zombie mode for two weeks. 

All cancers are being researched so anything you read is probably out of date. As @June1952 recommended, the others with triple negative will be able to guide you a bit better. Join up the triple negative group if you are comfortable doing so. I love to give support to all the lovelies on here but my knowledge of many of the cancers is limited. If you have a McGrath nurse she will be able to assist as well. I personally asked my chemo nurses everything as they have seen and heard so much. They often give me great tips.

Deep breaths and know you are in good hands. Instead of concentrating on the diagnosis, research where you are going to holiday when you have finished treatment. Also, look up the Otis foundation who offer free holiday stays. You might want to get some friends together or go with family, totally up to you.

Sending big hugs. You got this.