LGBTIQ community and groups in the inner north, Melbourne

Options
roroe
roroe Member Posts: 4 New Member
edited March 14 in Newly diagnosed
Hi, I've recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and am about to start my treatment plan.  I'd like to connect with members of the LGBTIQ community as well as any groups in the inner north of Melbourne.  It's pretty wild seeing so many posts in here. Wow!
Tagged:

Comments

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    Welcome @roroe.  There is a private group within this site where you may find some links or information.  Click on this link and request to join.

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/25-lgbtiq-breast-cancer-network
  • roroe
    roroe Member Posts: 4 New Member
    Options
    Thank you 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,596
    Options
    So sorry to see you join our select little group @roroe ...it is a real roller coaster ride - but once you have your treatment plan in place, it should get a bit easier xx.  I felt immense relief after the tumours had been removed - and then just the wait for the pathology results, that really sucked!!!   Keep yourself busy in the lead up to all the bit .... even cooking some meals & freezing them before you have surgery, so that you don't have to think about cooking afterwards ;) 

Check out this thread for lots of 'pointers' on the forum .... including packing for hospital, show us your gardens, pets & art & craft & more .....  There are 'tick sheets' at the bottom for self assessing your mental and physical state following surgery .....  and we even manage to have some laughs as well, with a few funny threads!
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/23477/a-big-welcome-to-all-our-new-members#latest

Take care & all the best with your appointments (consider recording them as it is easy to miss bits at the time!) Also take a trusted friend or family member with you for all your initial appointments, as both mental and physical support xx