How dare you.....I'm back!

Options
2»

Comments

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lovely to hear from you! Glad you like my poem. I'd actually forgotten about it, so it was nice to read it again. I wrote it at a time when I was very, very determined and really, really pissed off! Lol! Perhaps I should share it on the ABCFG Facebook page? How are you coping afer surgery? I hope you are managing ok. I didn't have a mastectomy, but i imagine it'd be very challenging to get through. I am also having chemo at the moment. I have mine at the RAH. Where do you have yours?

Sending you lots of positive vibes and best wishes for a speedy recovery, Celeste?

• Brenni
    Brenni Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Celeste,

All things considering I am coping reasonably well with the mastectomy - everything has happened so quickly and there has been little time to stop and think about each step of this whole process before another step presents itself. After everything you have been through,  Im sure you will know only to well what that is all about.

Last night my husband , buzzed what was left of my patchy, wispy 'plucked chook look' head of hair. I must say apart from the initial shock of my baldy heady- its a suprisingly welcome relief  to have it all off.  Bloody cold all of a sudden though!  Gotta get me some wooly beanies I think LOL

I find my best force of defence is to try and always maintain a positive attitude and these forums are a great source of comfort and positivity. Your story is an amazing one and I can only be inspired by your tenactiy and fighting  spirit.   Although we havent met, your warmth, strength and positiveness  are just so evident. I hope you always feel the love and support your family friends and loved ones to carry you through these tough times.

I attended the last coffee morning and hope to attend a lunch in the near future, so perhaps we can one day meet.

Until then, keep up that amazing attitude and may you be showered with lots of happiness.

Brenni xx