How dare you.....I'm back!

Celbird
Celbird Member Posts: 680
edited February 2012 in Health and wellbeing

So I've picked myself up and dusted myself off from the shock of the last few weeks...boy it was a doozy to get my head around but I'm back.... ready to face the world again and give this disease WHAT FOR! I'm gonna stare this demon down and give it a whooping! ?

I started my new treatment regime last Thursday...Vinorelbine (chemo) 2 weeks on and 1 week off, Denosumab (injection for bones) 3 weekly and Herceptin 3 weekly. So far so good, but only time will tell how effective it will be. In the meantime I'm going to get on with living! :-)

Recently I wrote this poem, while reflecting on my journey so far....I imagine many of you can relate to it!

HOW DARE YOU.....

How dare you come into my life,

and cause so many tears.

and prey on all my fears!

and screw up all my dreams.

and show me what true sadness means!

You try to take, all that you can,

My strength and courage you test.

You f&#k with me, and my family,

but you aint seen my best!

For every shot that you can give,

I'll certainly give you more.

I won't surrender and give up for you,

on that you can be sure!! ?

Comments

• pennyb
    pennyb Member Posts: 176
    edited March 2015
    Picture of you, lloved the poem.
    You go girl
    Xxxxx
  • Pennybryn
    Pennybryn Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2015

Wonderful poem Celeste!

I knew that once you had time to accept this new "challenge", you would rise up and deal with it head on, the way you have always done in the past.  You certainly are one gutsy lady and you are an inspiration to others travelling this BC journey. 

I wish you well, and thank you for sharing your feelings with others, so we too can find the courage to fight.

Dale

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 325
    edited March 2015

Great to see you are so positive! You go girl! Give it everything you've got! I love the poem - straight from the heart. The photo is also gorgeous! Good on you!

Keep smiling and dancing in the rain! Thinking of you....

Take care.

Love Alison xxx

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015

Hi Celeste,

Lovely photo ! Glad you are living in a good mindset; coping with things and I do hope treatments work.

I think you are a treasure; a real gem, special and have a lot to give. Many others do on here as well.

Kathy.

• strawberryk
    strawberryk Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2015

What a wonderful photo, l love the scarf, it becomes you and the poem is so inspirational, it will mean alot to us all, you have a great attitude, i thank you for giving me the courage to also face the challenges that are always there once we are on this journey, sending hugs your way, Kerri

• strawberryk
    strawberryk Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2015

What a wonderful photo, l love the scarf, it becomes you and the poem is so inspirational, it will mean alot to us all, you have a great attitude, i thank you for giving me the courage to also face the challenges that are always there once we are on this journey, sending hugs your way, Kerri

• Samhutto
    Samhutto Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Wow Celeste...that is a wonderful poem!! As all the girls have said, your new photo is gorgeous, and with that fighting spirit which your poem shows so well, you will have every chance to beat this thing!!
    I have just come from a lovely brunch in Kent town with some girls from canSA sisters. They are a lovely bunch of ladies who have and are going through breast cancer. I'll send you a message with the details of the march get together in case you'd like to come. I can't make the tue morn catch up but hopefully I'll see you at the next lunch. Love the new group name by the way!
    Hope you are not being knocked around too much by your current treatment. Thinking of you both,
    Love Sam xo
  • MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015

Good on you Celeste!  

I am so glad you get a week off with the Vinorelbine - this will make it much easier on your blood counts. 

Love your poem!  Glad you are back up on deck and smiling again.

Go girl!

Amanda xx

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Hi Celeste, what a terrific peom. It sums up cancer perfectly. I love the new look. The colour really suits you. Thinking of you and praying for you. Love Chris xx
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Hi Celeste, what a terrific peom. It sums up cancer perfectly. I love the new look. The colour really suits you. Thinking of you and praying for you. Love Chris xx
  • Amy
    Amy Member Posts: 233
    edited March 2015

Hi Celese

You are looking great - I love the new photo.  Good luck with the new treatment.  Thinking of you often.

Amy x

• Amy
    Amy Member Posts: 233
    edited March 2015

Hi Celese

You are looking great - I love the new photo.  Good luck with the new treatment.  Thinking of you often.

Amy x

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Love the poem, Celeste -- thanks for sharing. :)

Di

• jo1234
    jo1234 Member Posts: 291
    edited March 2015

You go girl, I am so proud of the way you have not allowed this cancer to rule your life. You are a lot braver than i could ever be. Go and enjoy  your life and live  every moment with your daughter, what do you have to lose? Nothing!   I love your new look, you really look great.

I really hope this new treatment plan works for you, i have all fingers crossed for you. Celeste you are really amazing.Keep fighting this demon and you will win.   Cheers Jo xx

PS love the poem, its straight from the heart.

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015

Hi Celeste

Love the poem and if it's ok will print it for my lovely friend who is fighting ovarian cancer  at the moment is not winning. It will put even more fight into her as she begins another treatment.

Love your new look you look " tres elegant".

Sarah x