Girdles

SMcK
SMcK Member Posts: 3
Hi everyone.  I am going in for a reconstruction soon and have been advised to purchase a girdle.  The one that has been recommended to me is $208 each.  Does anyone have any cheaper suggestions? Thank you.

Comments

• Olivegreen
    Olivegreen Member Posts: 18
    Hi @SMcK, I purchased the surgiplus one as well as Kmart shapewear and Kmart post maternity shorts. I also bought a second pair of surgiplus in the size up as I thought they’d be too tight straight after surgery. 
    I honestly went commando for the first 3 days the thought of wearing underwear was just too much. After that I started wearing the Kmart shapewear (2 pack SF shape brief $40). After a week I tried the surgiplus but the shapewear was much better to sleep in and I wear that more. The maternity shorts look impossible to get on but they are ok once the tummy isn’t so tender. When I’m on my feet more I intend to wear the surgiplus regularly. I wore the shapewear to my plastics nurse appointment and she said they were perfect. I’m just down the road from you in Craigieburn. I hope all goes well for you and wish you the very best. 
  • SMcK
    SMcK Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much for the information.  I will go to Kmart tomorrow and purchase the SF shape brief and look into the surgiplus one as well.  Wishing you the very best with your recovery.  
  • Nanna_Kez4
    Nanna_Kez4 Member Posts: 14
    I’m also having my surgery soon, my plastics Breast care nurse has advised me to get this one, as it’s the one the surgeon likes people to use. She also recommended Anko wire free seam free front opening crop tops. I wish you all the best for your journey 💗❤️
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,938
    Wishing you all the best for your surgery @Nanna_Kez4 xx