Triple Negative Diagnosis

Options
2»

Comments

• Elise_Rim
    Elise_Rim Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi @gorgybee, welcome to the ‘exclusive TNBC’ group. 😒 I’m sorry that this has happened to you. Like me, I have no family connection to the beast either. 
    I have just completed 3 weeks of daily radiotherapy after having what appears to be a very similar regime to yours. Chemo (AC, then taxol/carbo), surgery, then radio. So I’m ’through the other side’ so to speak. 
    I hope you’re coping okay. I found a woman in Melbourne like myself who answered any questions I had and I am happy to do the same with you. I found it super helpful to cancel out the noise and speak to people who had been through the experience. Also relying on my fabulous medical team. 
    Look after yourself. 
    Elise x 
  • gorgybee
    gorgybee Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Elise,
    Yes it sounds like ours is very similar treatment wise. 
    I have done surprisingly well on the AC and I hope that the Taxol is similar, as I will have to return to work in January. I see my surgeon again in January and plan what to do, he is keen for lumpectomy and axillary clearance. I don't have a preference for lumpectomy or mastectomy, I am trusting in the breast care nurse and surgeon to help me make the right choice. 
    Did your tumour shrink after the chemo? I'm paranoid at the moment that it hasn't changed, even though I've only just done the 4 cycles of AC.
    Thank you for responding and the offer of answering questions etc,  that's lovely of you.
    Georgie x
  • gorgybee
    gorgybee Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Thankyou @Mez_BCNA I will join the triple negative group and I have bookmarked the video to watch.