Finally I am straight again

Options
2»

Comments

• chemostyle
    chemostyle Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options

LOL ... love the title - very catchy.  "You look Sexy, and you know it, know it, wwoo O yeah ...wwwoo O yeah"  (sang by my 4 year son)

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks.  My family liked the curls but my friends like the straight. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Di,  I have so missed the hairdresser.  I just love the pampering - who cares about the cost? XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Amy,  I do feel much better getting back to "normal" XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Ann-Marie.  I hope you are doing well. XLeonie

• Liz in Darwin
    Liz in Darwin Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Leonie - lovely to hear from you. I am totally inspired by your new 'do'!!! Very stylish indeed! I have just ditched my bandanas and am still in the 'crew cut' phase - I cannot WAIT to be able to get some shape into it. Had to laugh at Tonya's comment - I've had some friends suggest that I'd be flooded with offers during Mardi Gras with my current look (I'm taking this as a compliment!!). Your colour is lovely too. Enjoy!!

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your remarks.  One of my best friends said the same about me just prior to chemo when I had my "crew" cut.  I definately "layed low" for a while before I adorned the hats.  I kind of miss my hats - maybe try them again next winter over my long hair (here's hoping).  I always knew my hair was slow growing but gee it does take a long time.  I have even arranged with my hairdressor to get extensions once my hair is long enough!!!!! Patience is a HUGE part of this BC journey. XLeonie

• kay
    kay Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Leonie,  I love the new look as well. I'm lucky my daughter is a hairdresser. I haven't got it dyed as I couldn't be bothered growing it all out again. My hair is very dry after chemo, radiation etc. and I'll be glad when the layers grow down , so it doesn't look as thin.

Still haven't got around to meeting up with you. We don't get down to Rocky that much, and we're usually busy doing the things we have to do. It's great to be able to do a full days shopping now.

Kay

• kay
    kay Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Leonie,  I love the new look as well. I'm lucky my daughter is a hairdresser. I haven't got it dyed as I couldn't be bothered growing it all out again. My hair is very dry after chemo, radiation etc. and I'll be glad when the layers grow down , so it doesn't look as thin.

Still haven't got around to meeting up with you. We don't get down to Rocky that much, and we're usually busy doing the things we have to do. It's great to be able to do a full days shopping now.

Kay

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

One day we will meet up.  I am presently so so busy moving house.  We have just about all the renos finished - so over tradies.  I am going to clean the house tomorrow now that the painter has finished THEN it will be my home and not a tradie's work area so they will have to take their boots off when they come to finish off their bits.  It will be lovely to move into - so nice and new with all the renos.  Hope to see you soon.  XLeonie

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I soooo know what you mean about the tradie invasion! We had 3 months of living with it - sometimes 3 or 4 tradies on the sameday. Project managing is a full on job. Well here I am in Dubai enjoying my last day of our trip.Feels like I've been away for ages.Missing home now-family,friends and online buddies.Just hoping the'"kids"have kept our new house in order and that my spa is not a swamp!Good luck with your move Leonie.I hope all goes smoothly for you.I look forward to blogging soon.

love Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi lovely note from you.  I have missed you.  I bet your holiday was fantastic but I know what you mean about being time to be home.  I loved my trip to Thailand but it was good to come home.  So many wonderful things to look forward to this year - the move;  my grandson's 2nd birthday on May 5th, 100 year anniversary of the schools I attended,- May day weekend, 30 year reunion of my old netball friends on Queens Birthday weekend, get to gether in Bendigo in July with some special Community Liaison Officers from BCNA training, my nephew's wedding on the Gold Coast in September, our 5th wedding anniversary in October and then it will be nearly Xmas when all the family will be coming home to us.  Phew did I miss anything????  I put my Queensland Cancer Council hat on today and addressed about 40-50 Regional Business Women telling my story.  I just love being "engaged" with the community.  I look forward to really meeting you at the Congress in Sydney in October??? (can't remember the month at the moment but I will definately be there) XLeonie

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

When did we find time to work at our jobs???You certainly have a full on year but isn't it great to be doing all those fun things and not drudging off to cancer treatment.Just home today and have read my BCNA magazine and yes,will hopefully go to the Sydney conference.Will also try to do the community training in Melbourne(Sept?) .Don't know if I mentioned that I've been going to art therapy class this year- funded by the cancer council. Another lady on this website goes as well and it's so enjoyable.We have a few smaller, Aussie trips planned for this year too.But back to reality with 2 suitcases full of dirty washing to do and rain,rain,rain here in Sydney.Hey,aren't you brave speaking in front of all those business women - well done!

love Tonya xx

• Liz in Darwin
    edited March 2015
    Options

What exciting times, Leonie and Tonya - and more to come!! Congrats on your speech, Leonie. That conference sounds fab, but I haven't received my BCNA mag - off now to sort out what's amiss!! All the best...

Liz

• Liz in Darwin
    edited March 2015
    Options

What exciting times, Leonie and Tonya - and more to come!! Congrats on your speech, Leonie. That conference sounds fab, but I haven't received my BCNA mag - off now to sort out what's amiss!! All the best...

Liz