Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Anyone noticed Ear infections on perjeta ?

Question for those who may be on perjeta treatment 

I’ve just come back from GP again - three ear infections now in 6 months ( first perforated ear drum , now on 3rd lot of antibiotics )
Ear infections listed as a 1 in 10 side effect of perjeta when you Google side effects 
If you’ve had them , how did you manage them ?
I’ll be seeing ENT next month and I’ll see oncologist later as well so I’ll ask them too of course 
I don’t normally get ear infections before this stage 4 journey -don’t get head under water normally (don’t go swimming much ) and only wash hair a few times a week.I’ve never been told I have narrow ear canals which I know can predispose you to infections

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Not really. My ear occasionally hurts for a day but it clears on its own. In the past nine months since I have been on Perjeta it has probably occurred six times but it rarely happened before. The drugs affect us all so differently. I am at the stage that I believe they can cause just about anything, even when it isn't a known side effect. 
  • noosa_blue150
    noosa_blue150 Member Posts: 211
    edited April 2023
    Suspect you’re right blossom ! About side effects 
    I’m starting to worry about hearing loss with chronic infections hence my enquiry here before I get to ENT as audiologist report picked up a few issues 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Don't be surprised if the Onco says it isn't Perjeta related. They say that a lot. Fortunately my new Onco is more open to the possibilities of new previously unknown side effects.