Her2+ cancer /ovaries out

Hi ladies, I am coming to the end of radiation and am about to start hormone blocking tablets. There is also monthly injections to block the hormones produced in ovaries. The other option is to get ovaries removed. Does anyone else with a her2 + breast cancer diagnosis and pre menopausal have any personal experience with these options? 🥰🥰thank you and have a nice day 

Comments

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Hi @Christabell_123
    I thought the standard treatment tue Her2+ cancer was herceptin and that it didn’t respond to hormone blow cling therapy - that is the treatment for hormone positive cancer .
    So not sure about your situation .
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    I’ve been taking hormone blocking tablets ( Letrozole) for almost ten years. I also had Herceptin for a year. But I was 67 when diagnosed, so my oestrogen was already declining. It’s worth discussing the impact of oestrogen blocking medication, when pre-menopausal, in detail with your oncologist. Best wishes. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Christabell_123

Everyone's treatment is tailored 
    I went down the Zoladex injections path along with Aromatose Inhibitor for 10 years.  My Oncologist did the first one and then my GP did the remaining.   Dual purpose, close to home and GP kept an eye on me and any side effects in-between Oncologist appointments.  It was 26 injections, one every 4 weeks = 2 years.  Alternate side each month.  Left side I would be unwell for a day or two, right side, good as gold.  End result after a couple of visits to  Gynaecology Oncologist my ovaries had shrunk!  Yay!
    Time flies and the comfort of being checked worked well.  I still see Oncologist every 6 months and I now have 3 years to go
    Take care
    Best wishes 💥