Public hospital mixed wards includes breast cancer surgery patients

Options
2»

Comments

• Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Tonya and in spite of all our more sophisticated medical equipment these days, they cannot manage to separate the sexes, smh.
    @Zoffiel you would think they could use those wheels!
    :)

• CarmelS
    CarmelS Member Posts: 268
    Options
    Oh my god I have such mixed feeling about this. When our oldest son was 18y.o he was in hospital for a week with an MRSA infection in his hand & had two surgeries to clean it out. For the first couple of days he was in a room with a women in her 70's. he is a pretty chilled kid & was polite etc but still felt uncomfortable. He was happy once they diagnosed the MRSA & they isolated him in a single room.
    The best room mate I have had in the 10 years & probably 5 or 6 multi night stints was actually when I had the Lat Dorsi surgery & was in for about 7 or 8 nights. I had a young fellow who had either a broken back or pelvis after a mountain bike accident, He was quiet, kept his headphone in for tv ( so did I)  he couldn't get out of bed, so the bathroom was all mine !! & whilst the curtain was closed most of the time because I was not particularly well or chatty while vomiting for 2 days; once I felt a bit better he was great, his visitors were quiet & respectful & we chatted occassionally about crashes off bikes
    (kids....not me!) 
    Carmel