Maryann (Mez) - Member Support Team's newest recruit

2»

Comments

• Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 851

@Julez1958 @SoldierCrab I cannot agree more with the wealth of knowledge and support that members like yourself (Plus many others included in this discussion) give back to the community. I am also on a mission to connect with our BCNA teams to see where we can collaborate to promote the Online Network in communications. Thankyou for your feedback
  • Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 851
    @gumnut Thankyou for the welcome and feedback. The Member Support Team (helpline) all have diverse backgrounds and experience; ranging from nursing, helpline support, person-centered support and administrative expertise. Introducing my colleagues in the discussion board is an idea that I have also considered, so watch this space. 

My own background is 20yrs in client service manager/admin roles (phone support my key responsibility). I have also worked casually in the disability sector to support individuals in their community.  I most recently completed a Bachelor Degree in Behavioural Science (Psychology), where I studied online while continuing to work for a non-profit organisation dedicated to providing support and resources to people with chronic illness. 

I think one thing that has really been highlighted to me in more short time with BCNA is that no matter the team  (eg. Fundraising, Policy & Advocacy, Member Support), everyone clearly has the same purpose to support all Australians who are affected by breast cancer. How lucky am I to work with like-minded individuals and your community.
  • gumnut
    gumnut Member Posts: 1,055
    Thank you very much @Mez_BCNA for your reply
    Best wishes 
  • gumnut
    gumnut Member Posts: 1,055
    Also it would be lovely if you were able to introduce your colleagues on the discussion board.
    I am sure it would be greatly appreciated by the online BCNA community.