Finally in the spa

Options
2»

Comments

• jo1234
    jo1234 Member Posts: 291
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh "WOW!" I come back on and started reading the 20 odd comments and i came across the name TonyaM and after a quick glance at the profile picture i assured myself it was a different lady and moved on.  Ha ha Silly Me!   I love your hair Tonya, you look so different with blonde hair. You really look great. If i didn't read the other comments i still would have been wondering where you were.Hmmmmm........Hope you have been enjoying the spa and all that relaxation time. Its a well deserved  reward for finishing the house and yard. You must be so proud of yourselves for everything you and your hubby have done so quickly.

i have been unable to get on this site since BCNA did maintenence on it. Strange!  Found out my Fire Fox had locked the site out for some reason.

Cheers Jo xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wondered where you got to.Thought you might have gone on holidays.Hope you had a restful Christmas. I didn't realize I looked so different.My hair is going abit lighter but I'm also helping it along with some blonde streaks. I feel like my face is fatter -blaming Tamoxifen for that! Would you believe I've lost 2 kilos since I've moved house- I don't know where though.We still have some garden beds to plant, a water feature to install and an outdoor setting +bbq to buy so nearly finished.I'm loving my spa- one of my better ideas. I have been having a break from Tamoxifen(about 8days)and I think the aches and pains have improved but the hot flushes haven't.I'll give it another week and then will have to go back on it. I tried to increase the Endep but it made me groggy and I needed to stay alert leading up to Christmas.I only tried for 4 days so may need to try again in the new year. How are you going on the Garbantin?I'm not handling the hot days too well- come to life at night like the cat!

love Tonya xx

• jo1234
    edited March 2015
    Options

oh how i wish i was on holidays somewhere but no i am still at home struggling big time like you and everyone else on tamoxifen. My GP increased the gabapentin by 1 which is 4 per day. The increase makes no difference at all. I think our weather is a bit like yours at the moment. Today is 38, tomorrow is 39 high humidity and i cant stand it. I cant move or the river starts flowing from my head  from the sweat and hot flushes.....  How come you are having a break from tamoxifen? Are you suppose to do that?    I am going to ask the ONC in February if i can come off Tamoxifen. I want something different.

Moving house is such a big job, its hard yakka so no wonder you lost 2 kg, wish i could lose some weight............When is you daughter getting married?  It wont be long and you will have some grandkids running around, that will keep you busy . 

I have noticed my energy levels have increased a -little bit now  so i must start looking for work.   The radiation really took it out of me for some reason.

Cheers Jo xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

I didn't know you had quit your job- thought you were having time off. I sure don't envy you having to go for interviews and all that crap.What sort of work will you look for?My husband thinks I've become obsessed with the weather .I nearly combusted at Flower power nursery the other day and raced to the kiosk for a lemonade iceblock. No,you are not supposed to stop Tamoxifen but just thought I would "treat"myself for xmas! I'll go back on it next week.I'll have to stop it before I fly to Europe in March,don't want a dvt. I see my oncologist in a few weeks time so will talk to him about it.My daughter doesn't have any wedding plans(or baby plans)apart from thinking that Hawaii would be a nice place to get married.She is still studying(a 2nd degree- cardiac sonography),working full time and now about to build a new house whilst living with us.In her "spare time"she plays soccer,works out at the gym and runs.Her fiance is into sport and fitness too.You can't imagine the amount of gym clothes I'll be washing when they come here to live.

I seem to remember feeling tired for a few months after radiation.Just rest,especially when it's hot.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hope you had a nice,restful Christmas.I guess I do look abit different cos my hair has grown and lightened up. Slowly getting back to how I used to look- hairwise.

Tonya xx

• jo1234
    edited March 2015
    Options

LOL yes Tonya i was just having time off from working all together. I Quit work partly due to needing the knee replacements and also because i just could not stand the stress anymore it was really messing with my head.. (this was  before i found out i had BC) I  worked in retail Management. I gave myself 3-4 months to get over the knee replacements(in March) and find a new job, but then in July i was diagnosed with BC so i didn't bother looking for work.   I want something totally different  and have thought of aged care or disability care, or accounts clerk or ???? i really don't know what i want anymore. I do know that i don't want any more stressful jobs. I think it does mess with the body.

Men just dont understand how hot we really do get do they. You might be getting a double dose of the  flushes as a punishment for going off it. I do understand how you felt though,as i just hate going out anywhere unless it is cool now .......... Oh what it would be like to be able to do everything your daughter does and still have the energy, never mind the time to play soccer, run and go to the gym.  Good on her, she must be so fit and healthy, and also what  an interesting profession she is  studying. Talking of cardiac, my 21 yr old son was told yesterday  that he has cardiovascular disease,although we are not sure what exactly he has apart from a muscle disorder where the,muscles  contract to much around the heart and are squashing the arteries. He has got another appointment with cardiologist next week so i will find out more.  He has been told to quit all exercise and strenuous work outs etc.  You just never  no when things are going to go wrong do you. He is a fit and healthy young man.  (Still my baby but has always brought me loads of stress)

You better be careful, your daughter might have you working out at the gym and running with her in all that spare time you both have. You can all sweat it out together haha . Cheers Jo xxx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

No worries there about running with my daughter.I'm lucky to be walking with my dodgy ankle lol.In any case,the hot flushes would stop me in my tracks after a few metres of jogging.Sorry to hear about your son.He is so young to have to worry about a heart condition and give up strenuous exercise.I will ask my daughter what she knows about it.Interesting that  you say that he has been the "difficult"one(if I can say that?)and he has the heart problem.My eldest daughter has always been on the difficult side and we found out in her late teens that she has a mitral valve prolapse- in other words,a heart valve doesn't close properly and there is some back flow.Nothing she can do about it,lots of people have it and are ok.But a small percentage will have anxiety and panic attacks cos their autonomic nervous system is wired abit differently.After doing some research,all her symptoms seemed to fit the picture.She is 27  and manages her life well now but she is nowhere near as robust as her younger sister.I don't suppose we ever stop worrying about them.

Is there any possibility of you retiring yet or at least taking a longer break?I'm really enjoying not working and after all you and I have been through with knees,ankles and bc,we deserve a GOOD break.Gosh your knees would be under stress in retail.Let me know how your son gets on.

Tonya xx