Finally in the spa

Options
TonyaM
TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
edited December 2011 in Day to day

We have been in our new house for 3months now and the paving is finished and our spa finally connected.We thought this day would never come but it did. Hubby and I sat in our spa with a glass of champagne and all jets on full bore! It was great and all the aches and pains disolved away.Now I don't know if that was the spa or the champagne. The house is feeling more like home now and being  single level,is easy to tidy/clean.This will free me up for artistic pursuits and travel.Now and again a little voice inside says"life is going too well and maybe those pains are  cancer coming back". I know it just takes time to get that confidence back. Anyway,a merry Christmas to all you wonderful women here at this bcna site.It's like a little safe haven where we get support and friendship -so thank you pink sisters.

love Tonya xx

Comments

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya

Like the new photo your hair has grown  into a lovely style,mine is just a mass of curls despite 2 haircuts now! Great that you have your spa, I have the same feelings about the aches and pains but once a bit of hot water and activity happens it all goes and they say a cancer pain doesn't relent so soak and enjoy.

Merry Christmas

Love Sarah x

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya

Like the new photo your hair has grown  into a lovely style,mine is just a mass of curls despite 2 haircuts now! Great that you have your spa, I have the same feelings about the aches and pains but once a bit of hot water and activity happens it all goes and they say a cancer pain doesn't relent so soak and enjoy.

Merry Christmas

Love Sarah x

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have to tame the hair with a hair dryer or otherwise the pesky curls rule.Although I must say it's starting to drop down abit now.Your new pic is lovely-you look like a little princess.Have a good Christmas.

love Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

I hope the 3rd chemo will be kinder to you- especially being over Christmas.Rest up and let your lovely family wait on you.I plan to do alot of relaxing and meditating in my spa over the festive season.Best wishes to you and your family.

love Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

I love your new Christmas pic - your hairstyle is way cute.I hope 2012 will bring you only good news.Have a merry but restful Christmas.

love Tonya xx

• Jrova
    Jrova Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Love the new photo! My hair is little more than white stubble!! You know the saying 'Once bitten, twice shy', that's like us with having had the cancer twice. Every twinge, every cough; it's always in the back of my mind. Have a wonderful Christmas Tonya xx Jane
  • Jrova
    Jrova Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Love the new photo! My hair is little more than white stubble!! You know the saying 'Once bitten, twice shy', that's like us with having had the cancer twice. Every twinge, every cough; it's always in the back of my mind. Have a wonderful Christmas Tonya xx Jane
  • Loretta d
    Loretta d Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya, wow your hair has grown! It looks great. I love the sound of the spa & champers they go so well together lol. Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a wonderful new year. . .enjoy.

Loretta xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for the hair comment- hey it's only taken 16mths to get this long!! Have a lovely Christmas and keep in touch in the new year.

Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya,  I am so envious of your hair length and straightness.  It looks fantastic - hardly recognised you.  Mine keeps growing around in circles.  But it is good and easy to manage.  One day maybe in 12 months time I might have length!!!!  Merry Xmas to you and your loved one.  Might see you in March - will let you know.  I have told my old aunt in Sydney (she is 87) not to die before March.  Her answer back was "Don't you die either"!!!! Happy holidays. XLeonie

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry you are at the white stubble stage.My hair took 16mths to get to this length- quicker watching paint dry.It first came through very dark but seems to be lightening up.I'm helping it along in that direction too.You are right about twice bitten.I don't remember being this paranoid the first time I got over bc.Hope you have a good Christmas with your family and I look forward to catching up with you in the new year.We will have to work on our paranoid problem!!

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Gosh I don't know how you've got through 10 rounds of that stuff-you are amazing.Not long now before you are doing the happy dance.Hope you are well enough to enjoy Christmas and will catch up with you  in 2012.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Leonie,you're up late.Santa might not stop at your place! Well it's ONLY  taken 16mths for my hair to grow to this length.The curls are finally turning into waves and it's getting lighter- i'm helping it.I think my face is getting fatter on Tamoxifen(or chocolate!) I'm not sure what to think about your old aunts comment but I guess you asked for it! I'm leaving for Europe on the 11th march so can see you if you are here before then.Otherwise I might be up your way in June-are you in Rockhampton?Anyway twin,have a lovely Christmas/new year.

love Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya,  Had a fantastic day yesterday with all my family and friends.  We live just out of Rockhampton and by June we will be moved into our low block house.  We would love you to call in to see us.  Even stay with us.  We live in Gracemere which is 10 minutes from Rockhampton. Very easy to find. I hope that you are enjoying your time with family and friends.  XLeonie  PS Josie has not been on the site for a while - I hope she is okay.

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

I was thinking the same thing so I sent Josie a message.It's freaky,we are starting to think alike.Thanks for the invite and the same goes for you if you are down this way.I had most of the family here at my new house for xmas lunch which was nice.My daughter and her partner anounced their engagement at lunch which was a lovely surprise.They are moving in with us on 7th January-hope it all works out.I do have reservations about their cat. Glad you had a good Christmas day.Hubby spoilt me with a new slr cannon camera and a terry towelling robe for the spa.I just lay around today cos I was so tired from hosting lunch.Doesn't take much to make me tired these days.

Love Tonya xx