• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    Happy birthday @jtee!! Have a great day 🥳🎂🥂♥️
  • jtee
    jtee Member Posts: 24
    Options
    @gumnut and @FLClover
     Thank you so much for your birthday wishes! It is a bittersweet day. I am happy to celebrate, but am also feeling distressed and frustrated. I have been trying to get approval for my fully vaccinated (Pfizer) husband to come from Canada to care for me after my double mastectomy and axilla lymph node removal (which will be in early August), and through my 5 weeks of radiation therapy. It has been difficult enough to go through 3 months of AC and 2 of 3 months so far of Taxol by myself - I don't know how I will cope after my surgery.
    Despite spouses being exempt from travel restrictions, and despite providing everything that the Dept. of Home Affairs have asked for to show proof of our marriage and its validity in Australia, letters of support from Minister Martin Foley and my breast surgeon, and extensive documentary evidence of our relationship, we have had 3 applications for travel approval rejected now, with no helpful feedback on what our application is lacking.
    There is no way to speak to the assessment team at the Dept, and the rejection emails are 'no reply'. In order to get here in time to do two weeks of quarantine, David is booked on a 12 July flight, which is looming.  
    I plan to call an Australian lawyer tomorrow to examine our marriage documents (which included an international apostille, legalising our marriage certificate in Australia) and provide confirmation that our marriage is legal and valid here in Australia. Minister Foley's office has been wonderful, so I will also speak to them to see if they can assist. 
    I would appreciate any advice anyone has in this matter.
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    Oh dear @jtee I don't know what to say reading your message above. How stressful for you to be going through all this. I hope a lawyer will help you. Good your husband has his flight booked and hopefully there are no issues so your husband can come and look after you. Do you have other support around you? I hope you have a lovely day for your birthday. Happy birthday 🎁🎂🌺
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    Wow @jtee, that’s just cruel. Really really cruel. So much unnecessary distress due to incompetence and lack of empathy from people in the wrong positions. I would also say contact a good lawyer as you were planning to, who can inform you on why you have been rejected, and help you fix it up so it can be successful next time. Sending lots of good luck 🍀🍀🍀♥️
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @jtee,

from jennyss in Western NSW
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Happy birthday wishes 
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 915
    Options
    Happy birthday wishes.  Hopefully all the documents get sorted for your husband to travel  to support you.
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Hope you get the documents all sorted so your husband can come over to support you.