The outlier

Options
2ยป

Comments

• Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185 โœญ
    Options
    Clear margins!!!! @lythe ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป & No lymph nodes - thatโ€™s great!! ย Does that mean it wasย from leftover cells not a new cancer? That sounds like good news too!

• Lythe
    Lythe Member Posts: 65 โœญ
    Options
    I saw the oncologist yesterday amd I think I understand their reasoning in sticking with the same treatment (minus the chemo part). Firstly, hopefully I am cancer free and any treatment is as an insurance policy. Secondly, my current treatment (herceptin and perjeta) is the best insurance policy at the moment because it has been at least slowing down growth and has relatively few side effects. If we stop it now and go to TDM1, I may not tolerate TDM1 as well and I canโ€™t go back on herceptin and perjeta if we change our mind. And she doesnโ€™t think TDM1 will necessarily control the cancer any better than the other stuff anyway. Personally, Iโ€™m going for option 1 and that I am cancer free and my body is healthy. Thank you everyone for your support. Itโ€™s been so good during this crappy few weeks. @Halla I asked if it was residual disease or an early recurrence and she said we donโ€™t know and will probably never know.ย 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536 โœญ
    Options
    Wow, great news @Lythe! I can feel the change in you from my phone screen ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜. Iโ€™m so glad youโ€™ve chosen option 1, bc you are cancer free, and your body is so much stronger than you realise. You sound much more confident and happier, itโ€™s good to read ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿฅฐ