Comments

• Louise64
    Louise64 Member Posts: 112
    Options
    No chemo- just bad luck. At least I’ll have scars both sides now
  • Stormbird63
    Stormbird63 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    I was diagnosed with a congenital faulty aortic valve with a large aneurysm to boot. This was found during the work up to left breast cancer 2 years ago. Went through lumpectomy and radiation then one year later open heart surgery. It was a roller coaster of a recovery but would do it all over again compared to the mental torture of the potential  presence of cancer hanging over you for the rest of your life! 
    Check out the Australianhearthealth.org.au or heartstart. All the best
  • Louise64
    Options
    I’m on that path - left breast surgery and radiotherapy- 6 month check up in morning - echocardiogram and heart failure diagnosis in afternoon. Great doctor so now angiogram then valve replacement... life goes on 💗💗
  • Louise64
    Options
    Sorry @arpie - no chemo. Undiagnosed murmur that has surfaced. Luckily I’m really good at getting tests done and radiotherapy makes us the fastest dress/ undressers for X-rays /ultrasounds/echocardiograms/ ECG/ angiograms... sense of déjà vous. Surgery booked - another 3-6 months off work. Ce la vie 🥰
  • Mummy0297
    Mummy0297 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your new diagnosis @Louise64- wishing you all the best - stay strong and reach out for help if you need it xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    I had severe palpitations last year @Louise64(I seriously thought I was having a heart attack!)  Just on Beta Blockers now ..... no chemo for me either.

All the best with your tests & surgery.  
  • Louise64
    Options
    Thank you. It’s just a little bit funny after bc surgery & radiotherapy I’m the quickest undresser- but have to remember to put gown on opening at back! But back to the best front opening bra- Amoena Hannah from David Jones $39... again - heart bypass, breastbone crack & wired - just another bump in the road.. but sad my magnificently healed scar from last July just looking invisible- now this . Battlescars ❤️
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Haha ... I had to have my gown ‘front opening’ as I was face down for my Rads ... and didn’t realise I was Flashing the guy sitting opposite me in the waiting room, as it had ‘opened up’ when I sat down and I hadn’t realised! LOL.  He would have seen my belly rolls too! LOL  It didn’t worry me too much as I’d gotten used to dropping my top in front of complete strangers in the previous months ..... so I just laughed it off!  So did he!

Wear your scars with pride, @Louise64 ... it shows that you are a survivor xxx
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    I always tell myself that my man battle scars are just proof that I won over whatever tried to kill me.
    All the best for what lies ahead.  💖
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 915
    Options
    @Louise64 sending you a hug and wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • Louise64
    Options
     :)