A tiny inflatable boat in a huge storm

Options
13»

Comments

• Lotringer
    Lotringer Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi @RiotAtMidnight!
    I’m a fellow IBC-er so can definitely relate to the sudden rush of tests and treatment plans around diagnosis! Luckily my workplace (a small family business) was super helpful with basically letting me drop everything for a while, and I had my Mum come live with me. While I’m normally fiercely independent (some would say stubborn!), just having someone else there who organised all the meals, grocery shopping, vacuuming etc gave me a lot more headspace to process what was happening. Mum’s sister also stayed for a bit, to help out and also support Mum. Don’t be afraid to call in the troops (family or friends) to help make your life easier and simpler :)
  • RiotAtMidnight
    RiotAtMidnight Member Posts: 35
    Options
    @Lotringer have you connected with the IBC Foundation? They have a small but active private Facebook group for Australian women with IBC. I only came across it yesterday but it seems a really current, active group with lots of great info about best practice treatment protocols for IBC. If you can’t find a link let me know and I can send.
  • T_sun42
    T_sun42 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Loving the positive mindset and humour 🙏 you got this!  🙌💪💅