first appt

Options
2»

Comments

• Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 915
    Options
    @CarrieP Sorry to see you here.  Welcome to the club no-one wants to join.  The ladies above have such wonderful  advice to share.
  • CarrieP
    CarrieP Member Posts: 39
    Options
    thanks @kesmusc and @locksley xx
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    Hope you’re doing well @CarrieP, and that things re treatment/surgery are progressing well. It always helps once you’ve made a decision and have a plan. All the best to you and keep in touch 🍀♥️
  • CarrieP
    CarrieP Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi FLClover, i have my bone scan/CT scan tomorrow and then my 1st oncology appt tomorrow afternoon to get all the details about the treatment i will be doing, definitely a mix of emotions very nervous and lots of anxiety about the bone scan/ct scan and to be honest a weird feeling of anticipation as just want to get to the next step and start to beat this, i feel i am in limbo at the moment.
    will keep in touch and thanks for your support x
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    @CarrieP Oh, so prob feeling a bit stressed right now 😐. I’m glad you’ve got that feeling of wanting to beat this, it’s the first step to actually beating it 👊🏻. The anxiety is understandable. Try to take someone if you can for support as it’s helpful. Tonight, do something relaxing for yourself, such as a bubble bath or massage. It should help relieve some of the nerves. 
    You will definitely feel much better after it’s done and your onco has discussed treatment options with you, as then you know what you’re dealing with and gain back control 👌🏻. 
    Hope you have a good sleep 😘
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @CarrieP Once that Onco appt is over you will have a good idea of your plan and it actually helps you relax. Sending best wishes and big hugs
  • Abbydog
    Abbydog Member Posts: 482
    Options
    I agree with kezmusc, I also took photos of myself and kept a rough diary. Every week or so I listed my side effects.
    These were all manageable, but the list has been long. Manageable is my key word. It really is wait and see.