Neuropathy with Taxol

Options
2»

Comments

• Kiki_Dances60
    Kiki_Dances60 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi @noosa_blue150
    thanks for that info: I didn’t have black but I’ve a nice dark burgundy - it made me feel better painting my toenails. 🙂 I hope your fingers and toes are starting to feel better now, and you can get back to the ukelele. 🌸
  • Anj_j2020
    Anj_j2020 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    I did some research on neuropathy whilst on Taxol and having some problems. One forum post suggested walking barefoot on sand. Luckily I have a beach close by and began doing this each morning. It didn't cure it completely, but did stop me waking through the night with sore feet. I still have numb legs on some days but finished Taxol on Tuesday. Hopefully all this will calm down now. Apparently it doesn't usually cause permanent damage.
    As for wheezing, I have emphysema, but Taxol hasn't caused any problems. Again, the beach helps--breathing salt air.
    Good luck! :)

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,377
    Options
    My feet still feel like I’m walking barefoot on hard, ridged sand when I’m not! But glad it works for you. Very good chance of it all clearing up. Best wishes. 
  • Kiki_Dances60
    Options
    Thank you both @Anj_j2020 and @Afraser for sharing your experiences and advice. I also live near the beach so I’ll give that a try. 👌
  • Mummy0297
    Mummy0297 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    I have just finished my chemo - 4rounds of AC and 4 of taxol. They had to reduce my taxol by 50% for my last 2 doses due to my neuropathy of my fingers and toes . At this stage one fingernail is lifting - think I might lose 9 and some toenails but they will grow back. Hopefully I will regain the feeling in my fingers and half my feet( have to be careful walking) . Break over Xmas - a little bit of surgery January and then 4 weeks of Radiotherapy. Oh and a hormone tablet starting mid January but I’m delighted to finish chemo. 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,377
    Options
    Hooray and best wishes! 
  • Kiki_Dances60
    Options
    Woo-hoo!! 🎉 @Mummy0297 You made it through chemo🥳 You’re a warrior woman: you’ll get through the rest! Happy Christmas 🌲 xxx