Zoladex

Options
2»

Comments

• msg132
    msg132 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    I am doing well now since I shifted to Tamoxifen and my trigger finger is much better, all joints are less painful and nil swelling in other fingers. I was in stage 1A of a grade 3 tumour , my oncologist assessed that the benefits don't outweigh the chemo pain and hence advised just radiation and meds...Hope that helps 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Hi @NelSky, I started taking Zoladex almost 5 months ago. After my first injection, I got my period 3 days later. It lasted 7 days as usual, but I continued to slightly bleed for another week, and then spot for another on top. So about 3 weeks of bleeding. After that everything went back to normal. I had read that that was to be expected. I still had a pelvic ultrasound just to make it was ok, but results were good. Since then no period, no spotting. I’m also now on Letrozole, for almost 2 months. Occasional short hot flushes, and numbness in my right hand and fingers. Other than that feel pretty normal. I’m enjoying the freedom of no periods and PMS, but I like to think my ovaries are just taking a break. I’m only in artificial menopause, it will go away once meds stop x. 
  • Didib
    Didib Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’ve been on tamoxifen for 7 months and commenced zoladex 4 months ago.  It sure has been a roll a coaster ride with my emotions everywhere (covid hasn’t helped) but I’m feel I am getting better mentally. Has anyone put on weight once they started Zoladex? I don’t know whether to blame covid or zoladex? I’ve always been extremely fit but I feel my body has changed.  
  • FLClover
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi @Didib
    I started Zoladex almost 5 months ago. I had my fifth jab today. I also noticed for the first time how long that needle is 😳😳. I knew it was thick, but I thought it was about a centimetre long. My goodness when I saw today, 5cms!!! Wth??! 🤦🏼‍♀️. Lucky I didn’t see before my first one or else I would’ve run away and refused to have them. 
    I haven’t gained any weight since getting the injections, and I’ve been eating worse than a pig these last couple months. Everything you’re not supposed to have, I had it. Everything. Sugar, fat, the works. But I’m on Letrozole, not Tamoxifen. I’ve never been on Tamoxifen, but I’ve read lots of comments from ladies complaining of the same thing, so it might be that. I’m sure other ladies who are on it will tell you of their experience Xx
  • Nannajay
    Nannajay Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi everyone. I’m feeling very grateful to have found this post! I start radiation next week, and my first injection of zoladex two days later. I skipped chemo, and was offered zoladex or tamoxifen. I asked for a pro and con list of each and it came down to - tamoxifen side effects are easier (except weight gain- that seems to be much higher with T) but there is a small risk of a new uterine cancer forming. Zoladex is much stronger and it’s a horrible needle, but no risk of future cancer (drug related) and has higher % success of suppressing cancer return. Did anyone else get this similar pro con list? Oh, and I was told that if the zoladex side effects were unbearable, I could go down to tamoxifen which wound feel easier in comparison, but if I didn’t like T, there was no way I would go over to the injection instead. It seemed to make sense at the time but as the date gets closer I’m getting so nervous......

also I’m having esterimine (daily tablet) with the zoladex. Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks  everyone and sending hugs to you all- you all sound so brave with all the battles you are each winning. 
  • FLClover
    Options
    A lot of those pros and cons are the ones I got too, but I also know that T can cause blood clots and heavy periods if not on Zoladex. Also, I know heaps of women who are miserable on T and go on to have an AI. Don’t be nervous, you will be receiving the best one to stop recurrence (as far as we know 🤷🏼‍♀️). Hopefully you won’t get nasty side effects and can continue taking it. The needle is actually very long and scary looking but doesn’t hurt as much as it looks like it should. Word of advice, avoid seeing it as long as possible. Good luck 🍀
  • Nannajay
    Nannajay Member Posts: 12
    Options
    @FLClover thank you for responding! 
  • FLClover
    Options
    @Nannajay Anytime 😊.