Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Good news

Options
2»

Comments

• Lisa1407
    Lisa1407 Member Posts: 258
    Options
    Great news @Palmbeachprincess. How long have you been on the abemaciclib and what are you side effects like? Have just come off abemaciclib (which I accessed through a trial) after 18 months due to progression (a couple of new small bone mets in hip). Strangely, I have never been so happy to have progressed as it means I can come off the abemaciclib. Each month I kept feeling worse and worse. I now have a month to recover while they decide what my next poison will be!!
  • Palmbeachprincess
    Palmbeachprincess Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi @Lisa1407
    Its amazing how we each react. I had no side effects at all. So much so I thought I’d be given a placebo. I was told the worst is the diarrhoea but I ve not experienced that either. I have been on abemaciclib 10 months. It’s working well so far but I am fully aware the bastard c word will get clever at some point and then like you it ll be onto the next poison. It’s the gift that just keeps on giving 😬.
    keep me posted on your next poison 
    sending love and positivity x
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Options
    That’s such awesome news xx
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Options
    Hello @Palmbeachprincess that is great news to hear regarding your great  response to abemaciclib. There has been a recent access scheme opened by the drug company that provides it free of charge for those who meet the strict criteria for third or later line therapy. Please see the link below for further information.

https://www.bcna.org.au/news/2020/06/new-compassionate-access-schemes-for-metastatic-breast-cancer-patients/

• wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Hi @palmbeachprincess, I have sent you a private message, just wanted to say, what amazing news, its what we all hope and pray for, mine is a work in progress!!!!, 7 years on and still here, 

wendy55
  • Palmbeachprincess
    Palmbeachprincess Member Posts: 39
    Options
    @wendy55
    that’s amazing 7 years 👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻 
    I ll have a look in my inbox now xx
  • Lythe
    Lythe Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Fantastic news! Thank you for sharing. It's always good to hear good news stories.