social group

seaford jenny
seaford jenny Member Posts: 79
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

hi all i have started a group for all those living in the bayside and south east suburbs. I have just finished my treatment and would periodically look for informal groups in my area and always came up with nothing. all you ladies who are looking for a bit of a chat and perhaps a nice lunch or dinner out once a month sign up. very informal as i said just give each other a bit of support and maybe a few laughs to lighten the load.

Tagged:

Comments

• seaford jenny
    edited March 2015

great hilary

i am finished my treatment and have been off work for a few weeks after having my ovaries removed i will go back on sunday. I feel pretty good other than tiredness if i dont get enough sleep i just dont function well. with regards to the group i thought i would give it a go and see if there is any interest, if people are intersted we can look at a meetup in january. i need to find a new photo i think the children in it are my grandchildren not mine best wishes jenny

• Joy K
    Joy K Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015

Hi Jenny

I've been going to do this for ages but have headed out into the advocacy route and have been busy doing a course to support this. I'd love to be part of a social group that includes all women with breast cancer ranging from early breast cancer to those of us who are living with stage 4 breast cancer. I live in the south eastern suburbs.

Regards

Joy K

• seaford jenny
    edited March 2015

great joy i thought i would see how we go for numbers and look at doing something in january most probably towards the end due to holidays ect. how does that sound to you. there is also a lady from mordialloc interested as well regards jenny

• seaford jenny
    edited March 2015

hi joy can u check the box to join group as we can post anything of interest there ta jenny

• coyley
    coyley Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015

Hi,

I would love to meet up with others who have/had breast cancer from the SE!

• Ping
    Ping Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    I live and work bayside and would love a catchup for moral support... Masectomy 1march - Helena