Beautiful songs/singing to lighten your day

Comments

• poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Yes, @arpie I submitted my bit to the choir but don't know if I'll get on it or not :wink: I thought of you and your uke when the news shot to a video of ladies learning to play them on the Ruby Princess , glad you're safe at home using zoom. Thanks for the YouTube link! Happy Easter!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    Well done @poodlejules - I hope you see yourself in the next video!!  So you had to record yourself (listening to them playing it) and send it in & all the videos were then syncronised & stitched into one video!!  AMAZING patience on behalf of the person putting it all together!!!

Yes, I saw that pic - and thought HOW IRRESPONSIBLE of them - considering their previous boat load of passengers had sick people on it & yet they took on a new load of passengers the same day the others were offloaded in early March!  NO WAY was that ship cleaned at ALL - hence the massive infections - still continuing!  :(  grrrr  Don't get me started!!
  • poodlejules
    It will be interesting what they unload form the black box.
    And yes that's how the choir worked and there were also 3 parts you could do , with over 6000 videos I'll be lucky to make it !
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,541
    I come from a large family and this song is what we played as part of Dad's photo montage 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lakmll0G2g
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,541
    @poodlejules
    Awesome that you are submitting to the Couch Choir - you never know your luck, yes a helluva lot of entries but you are in there!

Best wishes to you
  • arpie
    edited April 2020
    I am  not familiar with that song that Satchmo did, @iserbrown - but we just did "What a Wonderful World'' in our last Nursing Home gigs before the 'shut down'!

At my church boarding school (from age 7 - 17) I was raised on the Classics ...... and when they did this "Hooked on Classics" in the 70s - a huge medley of classical songs merged into one ..... I just LOVED IT!

They 'started' as normal - but then the drum beat came in & WOW! It knocked my socks off!!  I still love it - even mixing it with modern stuff as well - but it all worked so well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7PRGiQjbqk
  • arpie
    How amazing that you've been watching that, @Sister - I have been too, just today!! 

It is one song that I want to get my group doing this year (as some of our group are also boot skooters & can do the 'dance' as well!!)

• arpie
    edited April 2020
    Appropriate for Easter ... I’ve just found a link to the entire show of Jesus Christ Superstar!!

Only up for 2 days ..... so check it out now!

it has been ‘modernised’ a bit, but the music is the same ..... so I’ve just put it on in the background rather than watching it ‘as such’!

I saw it live back in Sydney in about 1970 .... fantastic songs!  Jon English played Judas.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GpO4ohqx3os&fbclid=IwAR1jcm8X4NuGMMTTdfAiLJI-942JMYUz_YwxsBVhEjD3IfvXte49QNRce60
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    I watched that this morning @arpie They are putting out a show a week on Saturdays for 48 hours.  I'm loving all the live shows at the moment, the Australian Ballet has released Sleeping Beauty for 2 weeks as well :smile:
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    And it may not be to everyone's taste but every Saturday afternoon and evening there will be Australian musos doing live gigs on isolaidfestival.com 
  • arpie
    All sorts of live stuff going on up here too @Sister

Apparently the JC SUPERSTAR site on YouTube will be swapping to another full length musical every 2-3 days.
  • poodlejules
    Couch choir @arpie here https://youtu.be/DO0kAtg9dRw , sounds great!
  • arpie
    FANTASTIC!!!

Is this the one you were a part of, @poodlejules ?  Did you see yourself anywhere?