Stress levels

Options
Blossom1961
Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
edited November 2019 in Health and wellbeing
I have worked ten hour days for the past ten days and have been on call for the other fourteen hours of the day. I was a bit concerned about having a meltdown stress attack. So firstly, a regular came in and was overwhelming me with his problems and loading them on me. I was okay but on edge. Then everything went splat. Online bookings doubled up  and I couldn’t fit people in and in trying to fix it up I came across a massive mistake made by a previous manager which HAD to be fixed urgently. Five abusive customers and three days later I have nearly finished sorting it out. Prior to BC I would have struggled. Two months ago I would have had a meltdown. 

I did it! No meltdown but a huge sense of achievement. My emotional inability to cope has been the hardest for me to accept.  I still have brittle fingernails, powdery toenails, psoriasis on my eyelids and cracked teeth. But the physical annoyances I can deal with, if necessary.

To everyone who is struggling emotionally, you will pull through. Maybe when you least expect to, but it will happen. I may still have days where I struggle to cope, but everyone does. I may have meltdowns, but that is okay. 

Sending huge hugs to all of you wonderful beautiful souls. Your support and encouragement has helped me in so many ways. I only hope that I can support and encourage others as you have me. Thank you
Tagged:

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Well done YOU, @Blossom1961 ..  I am not that sure I’d have been able not to throw a few expletives in!!  You rock, girl!!

I hope you get a well deserved break now .... and don’t have to do those hours too often!!

take care of yourself xx
  • suburbangirl
    suburbangirl Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Hi @Blossom1961,
    Great to read your story, I could almost picture the circumstances.
    Dealing with the public and their expectations is one of the hardest jobs. As @arpie said, well done you! Also, a big thank you for reminding us all that we will have good days and even better days, sometimes when we least expect them! Remember you are number one!
    xx

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Well done!
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Nice work @Blossom1961,

There is no better feeling than tackling a job you think you can't do and finding out you can and you did!  Each time that happens you get stronger and stronger.  Awesome lovely.

xoxoxoxoxo
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Great to hear @Blossom1961 - after only such a short time there you are Queen of the Park - good on you !
    Dealing with the public can be terrible at times, as you no doubt know, but in all of that I get the feeling that you really are enjoying your new job.  Hope the coming busy season is not too overwhelming.
    All the best to you and your family for a happy and safe festive season.
    Summer
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 703
    Options
    I hope that by my busy time next year i can say the same thing
    thank @Blossom1961 it gives me hope 

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    So strong M. I am SO impressed. Bloody well done! Dead set legend. K xox
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Good work!  
    The discipline of work and problem solving is shining through and proving to yourself that you are capable!
    Good on you!
    Take care

• Blossom1961
    Options
    Thank you ladies. I now understand it is okay to have meltdowns. I have decided to be less hard on myself and celebrate my achievements. I feel so much stronger now than I did even two months ago.
  • Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    Options
    @Blossom1961, well done you are indeed a legend!   :)  Congratulations, very proud of you girl xx
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @Blossom1961 What a great post! Amazing strength you have found within yourself that you didnt think you had. That is one thing I have found out about myself through all of this & that is how strong I can be. Isnt it great to find some sort of positive in all this mess. I reckon a lot of us look at ourselves now & say " After all I have been through, I should be able to cope with anything now!!" Good on you & continue onward & upward!! You should be very proud of yourself. xx
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    So much for patting myself on the back! Today I visited a new GP as I moved three hours from my previous one. I explained that I was having sight sensitive issues and went through my symptoms. She lent forward and very delicately told me my issues were stress related, not sight related. I was horrified. I thought I was doing so well. Actually, I haven’t had a meltdown so I will keep that back pat I gave myself, but it did take me back a bit. Onwards we go! At least I now have strategies to deal with it.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Geez @Blossom1961,

You should be so proud of yourself. If you feel good and strong don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You know you and you.

Don't you love the way they put everything down to stress?  Honestly, my eyes are shot to bits since treatment and tamoxifen.  It's well documented that menopause and hormone therapy can play havoc with eyesight.  

xoxoxoxo