Where it all started

Options
Michelle69
Michelle69 Member Posts: 3
edited November 2019 in General discussion
In February I had weight loss surgery and in may I turned 50 and with that came the mammogram reminder. About 6 weeks ago and with a 40kg weightloss I was diagnosed with a stage1, 1cm malignant lump. It hit me like a tonne of bricks. If it wasnt for my weightloss they may never have found it. I got my referral to see the surgeon who wanted me to have a bilateral ultrasound prior to seeing her. At my appointment she told me I had 2 additional lumps in my right breast and 1 in my left. My head was spinning out of control. Started thinking the worst. She sent me for a biopsy and those additional lumps turned out to be cysts.
Fast forward a month and today I have had my breast surgery to have the cancer removed as well as a therapeutic mamoplasty to make them symmetrical. I am absolutely beyond thankful to Dr Poon for the amazing job she has done. I have gone from an F cup to a small D large C with 450g removed from left and 380g removed from right. I dont m so thankful to this site it has given me alot of information and answers to the questions I needed answered

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,600
    edited November 2019
    Options
     @Michelle69 - Welcome to the online forum - I hope we'll be able to help you with any questions that you may have. 

WOW!  Well done on the weight loss!!  Such an achievement.  Terrific that you are happy with your surgery too.

Take care with your recovery & if there is anything that we can help you with, just ask  xx
  • arpie
    Options
    WOW!  That is an amazing difference @Michelle69 !!  You'll be very happy with that. 

hehe  I took a heap of before & even more 'after' pics too!!  They are not as dramatic as yours tho!!  ;) 

Don't overdo things during your recovery!!  Make haste slowly ...

Have you received your pathology report yet?  How good that the other lumps were cysts!!

All the best xx

• Michelle69
    Options
    Hi Arpie. 
    Unfortunately going back into surgery as I have a haematoma in my left breast. But very optimistic all will end well.
    I havent got the results from sental node biopsy yet but seeing surgeon on tuesday so will have results then
    All the best
    Michelle 
  • arpie
    edited November 2019
    Options
    All the best with your haematoma and your results xxx

the surgeon should be able to give you a game plan of you4 follow up treatment .... 
  • Michelle69
    Options
    I'm back from having haematoma drained...not in as much pain as I was yesterday ...I have to wait 6 weeks before I start radiotherapy 
  • arpie
    Options
    Glad the pain has lessened.  Keep an eye on it in case it happens again.

Yep, 6 weeks - that is standard - they have to wait for your wounds to heal.  Hope all goes well from here on. 

Make haste slowly - accept any help that is offered to you - you can't do any lifting, high reaching etc .... 

If you've seen Dr Poon, I'd be guessing you are on the Central Coast, NSW?  If you whack that on your 'profile', others in the area may be able to point you to specific services that may be helpful to you  ;) 

Take care xx